28 July 2005

a blog-virgin no longer

I got tagged! Meme, via Kath.

id•i•o•syn•cra•sy - a structural or behavioural characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down 5 of your own idiosyncrasies, then if you wish, tag 5 people.

1. I have an internal compass. You can spin me round seven times with my eyes shut, but I can still tell you where north is.

2. I have a deformed right thumbnail. Otherwise my hands are attractive looking. For hands.

3. If the person next to me starts singing the harmony, I can't maintain my own part, I have to follow them. Likewise if they hit a wrong note, I do too.

4. Champagne gives me asthma. I adore champagne.

5. I turn bright red every time I speak in public. Even in small groups. (I also do Spoonerisms, frequently).

And I'm going to add a little extra category: interesting idiosyncrasy of your partner/best friend/mother/whatever: My husband's nostrils flare when he is not telling the truth (very useful!)

And now, to tag. If you wish to participate, Sueeeus, blackbird, susie sunshine, mav and a new-to-me blogger totally crunchy, I would be interested to hear of your idiosyncrasies.

7 comments:

blackbird said...

okay.
1. I have to sleep with weight on my feet. Like a light blanket folded up -- anything.
2. I have never had that brain freeze thing that people get from eating ice cream.
3. I imagine that I have all sorts of diseases which are usually gas or PMS.
4. I am deathly afraid of the dentist and so, visit a pediatric dentist specially trained in dealing with apprehensive children.
5. I like men's shoes better than women's.

Elizabeth said...

Well done. You managed much better than me. No.1 is very lucky; I can get lost in a shopping mall, for goodness sake.

Susie Sunshine said...

Fuck, I'm still thinking.

I'm pretty much perfect in every way, but I'll try to come up with something.

maria said...

oh wonderful... i'll post it tomorrow.
thanks for including me in this fun project. cheers! mav

SueeeuS said...

What fun! Mine are very OCD oriented. I don't know 5 more bloggers to tag though...

kath red said...

you actually remembered to do all five. and i like the partner addition, although hard to pick just one - mmmm he is a perfectionist and snob when it comes to coffee.

Suse said...

Ha ha susie sunshine. It's tough when you're perfect isn't it? I found this difficult at first ... I scratched my head and then asked B. He said "what class at uni is giving you projects like THAT?! I explained the blog thing. He scratched his head, then said "procrastination". I informed him that is a character flaw, not an idiosyncrasy. He scratched a bit more then said "None. You're perfect, darling." And his nostrils flared.