26 July 2005

self portrait tuesday

oven

A week without an oven. No quiche, lasagne, cakes, muffins, roast vegetables, baked potatoes, apple crumble ... Lived on pasta, soup, bean hotpot, beef casserole, spaghetti bolognaise. (So not too bad actually). Then the man from Fisher and Paykel arrives. Disappointingly, he is not from New Zealand ... (I had been looking forward to a few gratuitous fush & chup jokes to enliven my week). A pleasant young man from a middle European principality turns up and declares 'Your khhhelement it is brock.' He replaces the brock khhhelement with a shiny new one in two minutes flat and bingo, the oven is fully functional and I am $145 poorer thank you very much. To celebrate I photograph the oven and the muffins ensconced within it 15 minutes later. I am a happy woman.

And my house smells divine.

muffins

Hmmm, may submit this one to The Mirror
Project


Word for the day: odoriferous

Updated to add: eagle-eyed readers may notice I am wearing the same jumper as last Tuesday. I lack originality in winter. (It has been washed, I swear.)

Note to self: iron ballgown for next Tuesday.

8 comments:

kath red said...

hi suse, i added more info on links hope this helps.
http://redcurrentlinks.blogspot.com/2005/06/self-portrait-tuesday-bloggers.html#comments

SueeeuS said...

You are khhhillarious!! Glad all is well in your kitchen. I love the word odoriferous!!

blackbird said...

for a moment I thought you had curtains on your oven door.

Mojavi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mojavi said...

hmmmmm, the guy down the hall at work is odoriferous. Someone needs to tell him to see a doctor about his breath LOL! sad thing is I am not lying........

maria said...

really lovely! :) and i welcome wearing the same jumper. if you like it ... where it all you want! cheers, mav

♥ joleen ♥ said...

hehe- i didnt even notice the same sweater until you put that. :D

Sarah said...

oh I love the word oderiferous!! I use it all the time. Usually in reference to the cat box! Love your portrait! *drooling for muffins now*