I have been exploring the far off hitherto unexplored regions of Blogland. On my expedition I discovered:
1. there are many people for whom Star Wars is much more than a film. This worries me. One day they might have children and those children will grow up thinking this is normal. Those children will then go out into the world. Some of them may end up in important positions.
2. there is a blogger out there who uses the word 'set' for 'sit' and 'sat'. Is this her own little idiosyncracy or is there a part of the world where people spell sit 'set'? This intrigues me.
3. there are many bloggers who knit a jumper or woollen toy every few days. This amazes me and makes me feel inadequate.
4. American people use one 'l' for many words where Australians and English people use two. (woollen, chilli, travelling, unravelled)
5. There are a lot of technically proficient people out there. I could learn a lot from them if I took the time. But my eyes start to drip blood and it's time to leave.
6. Many bloggers take themselves very very seriously. This amuses me at first. Then it makes me sleepy and it's time to leave.
7. Kath has the most exquisite looking girl child in the world.
8. So does that talented Portugese blogger.
9. Some bloggers make me snort English Breakfast tea all over my keyboard.
10. There are more errant apostrophes than you can poke a stick at. This annoys me.
11. There are other Pea Soups out there. One is a consultant in Chicago AND London, and the other studies psychiatric epidemiology. Both are men.
12. I am spending way too much time on the computer. I have still not learnt how to do bold or italics.