31 August 2005

blessed

painting

I am truly blessed when it comes to friends.

If you read Squished Piggy's post today you will read a little about her recent and much anticipated journey to motherhood. Several years ago when I was beginning my own journey, my dear and talented pal across the ocean painted this beautiful picture for me. The flowers surrounding the mother and babe are lilies, symbol of my name.

It is a most treasured gift, and it wasn't until today that I realised it is part of a series painted by my clever and generous friend.

Thank you Sueeeus.

2 comments:

SueeeuS said...

Awwwww, shucks! I still have a photo of you on my photo wall with your beach ball baby belly that defies gravity and all physics. :) Now #1 is a young man. How the years fly! l,s

BabelBabe said...

It's a wonderful painting, I love it. What a great gift.