19 August 2005

op shop delights

Amazing what a little retail therapy can do for one's mood. I took one bag of donated goods into my favourite op shop and as usual, came out with two bags.

kategreenaway

Beautiful book for Son No. 3

basket

Lovely old basket, the proportions of which please me enormously

plate

Two of these old fashioned floral dinner plates. They are more yellow than the picture shows. And nary a chip or scratch in sight.

redapronagainredapron

Red vintage apron. Also got a dark blue and green one that did not photograph well. So, not pictured.

Also got a brown woollen dress, short sleeved, looks good over wheat coloured linen pants. And two green linen shirts to give to a friend as they're too big for me. Happy happy happy.

9 comments:

Kali said...

Looks like you have a charming selection there ~ I think they're all lovely. I love the feeling of anticipation before I walk in. Never know what treasure will be found.

SueeeuS said...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an op shop? Nice loot!

ms*robyn said...

those plates are exactly like some that I donated to an op shop a few weeks ago...wouldnt it be funny..... great finds !!!!

amanda said...

Love it--drop of one bag, leave with two!! Glad I'm not the only one...

Barb said...

Ha! So true about how shopping changes one's mood. Wish I didn't need an attitude adjustment so often, as my pocket book is suffering...
For sueeeeus: Op shop is like our thrift stores

Barb said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog! What does a girl have to do to get comments?! Lol.

dani said...

love your recent purchases. the pots, the basket, the apron. good shopping.

Maggie Ann said...

What wonderful finds! Love that sort to day.

Gina E. said...

Hey Suse, have you seen the new book out about Melbourne's Op shops? Called A Treasure Hunter's Guide, and costs $19.95 - well worth every cent! Look for it in your newsagent or bookshop. I might bump into you one day whilst cruising the opshops over your way!