16 August 2005

pots and pans

scanpan2

A set of copper saucepans winged its way Chez Soup this week. I am ridiculously excited about this.

scanpan1

They look so pretty hanging from my potrack. Much nicer than hidden away in a drawer.

Tonight I christened the biggest one ... I made pea soup! Yep, really. It was delicious with carrot and cheese muffins.

scanpanrobot

Son No. 2 is not particularly interested in the qualities of copper and stainless steel cookware. He finds the box far more pleasing.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Your son could not have been wearing more appropriate clothes. He looks like something from the Marcel Marceau school of mime and box-wearing. Wonderful photo.

SueeeuS said...

Copper is beautiful (and gorgeous with cobalt blue, which I think I spied in your kitchen in a previous post). I think it's perfectly normal to be extremely excited about pots and pans. :)

(Box wearing is much fun as well.)

shellyC said...

how fantastic to be able to have your gorgeous new pots on show!!! I love making all kinds of soups too!!

blackbird said...

They are quite beautiful - the pots...will you let them tarnish or will you shine them?

My boys can play for days with boxes, but I am sure you are not surprised to hear that.