26 October 2005

Show and Tell #2

Browsing through my pantry last night (translation: frantically tearing through cupboards at 5.00pm screeching What the hell am I going to feed the family tonight?!), I realised that half my medicine chest is actually in the pantry. And I neglected to show and tell this last Friday. And I have bugger all else to blog about today apart from housework this morning in preparation for first Open for Inspection this evening (gah!) and work this afternoon. Or more whinging.

So with no further ado, the 'other' medicine cabinet. Second row shelf, inside pantry door.

medicine2

From the left ... Blackmore's Phosphate (for Son No. 1. Recommended by naturopath for when he gets nervy and hyped up over trivia, as is his wont). Various homeopathic remedies for Sons No. 1 and 2. Rescue Remedy for life's little emergencies. Small animal worming drops, left over from Flopsy-days (RIP Flopsy, you are missed), Women's multi-vitamins for obvious reasons, eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil for various purposes such as disinfecting, removing sticky labels from things, cleaning, and lice preventative preparations (recipe available upon request).

8 comments:

blackbird said...

I love eucalyptus oil.
And I own some.
But I have no idea what to do with it.

SueeeuS said...

The greyhound adoption crowd over here use to recommend Rescue Remedy for anxiety. I never did find it. We tried to give Jet beer to help him through the fireworks. He used to get so scared.

I always have tea tree oil in the house, and I think you're the one who turned me on to it, ages and ages ago.

And... True confessions... Now that you've mentioned it, I realize that my kitchen pantry is home to my meds as well. Most of them. Another batch is in the linen closet. But I don't think I'll show and tell. :)

blackbird said...

I actually have a PLAN to tear through the pantry screaming tonight.

la vie en rose said...

I keep mine meds in the kitchen cabinet...I don't know why...

Surfing Free said...

The pantry is where I keep mine as well! Weird. Maybe its because bathroom storage space is at a premium and I need every inch for my lotions and potions.

Gina E. said...

Blackbird, try googling Eucalyptus oil to find what to use it for. I was brought up with this in our house as a kid, so I am well-versed in its many uses.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheWhiteSeal said...

I just found your blog whilst on the net, i noticed you have a few problems with removing sticky labels, i use to have many problems to as they are a right pain 2 get of. Quick suggestion, try this removing sticky labels webpage, there are some very useful tips there. Hope this has helped you!