2 November 2005

Living in a Vogue paradise

A few people have commented recently on how tidy my house looks on the blog. Zen-like, someone said, although I think that's stretching it a bit.

This, folks, is because it is For Sale.

I had promised myself that I would not go on and on about it on the blog, because there is nothing more boring than real estate and house prices talk. Except for discussions pertaining to laundry perhaps.

But, it is after all, the dominant force in my life right now. The stress of de-cluttering, the relief of finding self-storage facilities close by, the difficulties of keeping a house containing five people (four of whom are male) and an oversized dog clean, sparkling and wittily accessorised ... these things are beginning to unhinge me.

But it did mean the curtains got made, after two years of procrastination.

The house is 'Open for Inspection' on Wednesdays (yes! today! and here I am blogging?!), Saturdays and Sundays. For a month. The auction date is 19th November.

Hey, and then I can relax. Only Christmas, and moving house to worry about.

Note: clean laundry pictures and an orange pudding recipe to come later.

PS. We don't do Halloween really in Australia. But about every second year or so the doorbell rings and a couple of kids catch us out with no lollies in the house. This year, three little witches turned up and I found Mr Soup rummaging around in the pantry tipping out dried fruit and nuts. I politely suggested today's modern children might not be too impressed by dried apricots on Halloween. So we gave them a couple of squares of chilli chocolate each. Child Protection Services are probably on their way right now.

4 comments:

ms*robyn said...

just popping in to say hi :) .. and where are you moving to??

love your blog !

Alice said...

I've never tried Chilli Chocolate but I just love the idea of using it as a Halloween Treat. Aren't I mean. If any kids had called here they could have had a pick of Swiss Chocolate or Crystalised Ginger. I'm sure I'd have had lots of lovely ginger left all for me.

la vie en rose said...

oh wow girl...you do have a lot on your plate right now

irene said...

I don't know what's more stressful. trying to buy or sell. I'm trying to find a good home for my family right now. good luck with the inspections and auction!!!