5 November 2005

Put it somewhere, anywhere! Just get it out of sight!!!

Conversation between Mr Soup and I as we vacate our house (recently renovated to a high standard, a delightful family home, a fusion of old and new, close to shops, train, tram, city and all amenities, inner city living at its best) ten minutes prior to today's 'Open for Inspection'.

Me: I hope no one looks inside the oven.
Him: Why?
Me: Because the bread dough is rising in there.

Pause

Him: I hope no one looks inside the fridge.
Me: Why?
Him: Because that pile of paperwork that usually lives on the kitchen bench is in there.

6 comments:

blackbird said...

...which reminds me, I think there are some papers in our piano.

telfair said...

Hi, first time to your blog, I'm in Melbourne too (although I'm an expat viewing all of this wonderful country thru new eyes.) Really enjoyed my visit to Pea Soup!

Dak-Ind said...

HAHAHA thats priceless. i must admit that at least your mister makes the effort!

dani said...

Good luck with the house sale!!! One thing I dread about the day we want to sell are those bloody house-opens. I hate shoes in the house, so the idea of strangers touching everything and walking everywhere does my head in.
Thank you so much for your lovely compliments about my photos - and I'm so sorry my site makes you crash - that is so f**ked and I'm sure makes you completely angry. Have a lovely weekend!!!

Jeanne said...

I'm so relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who "cleans up" by putting things in the first available hiding spot.

la vie en rose said...

hehehe...ah mr soup...