4 November 2005

Show & Tell: addiction

When the shout went out that Show & Tell was addiction, I knew I'd be fine.

I am the Queen of Addictions. That sort of personality, I'm afraid.

But what to show? How to arrange the photographic evidence tastefully, artistically? I tried pictures side by side like many of you do. Failed miserably. I didn't even attempt to do beautiful artsy mosaic images like some clever people.

So, here they are, boringly arranged one on top of the other. My addictions.

addictionblog

Blogging. I'm addicted. (Aren't we all?)
Blog shown is in honour of The Show and Tell Mistress.

addictionwool

I'm addicted to this stuff. Buying it. Hoarding it. Feeling it. And occasionally knitting it into jumpers, scarves, hats, flannels and so on.

addictiontea

I need several of these to get through my day.

roseleanderroseheritageroseevelynrosebredon

Ooh look, I think I did it!

Hopeless sucker for old fashioned and/or David Austin roses. Picking them, smelling them, filling my house with them, burying my face in them.




But my real addiction?

The one I am not allowed to indulge in any more because really three is plenty so they say and I suppose I suppose I suppose it is ...

addictionbaby1


addictionbaby2


addictionbaby3

... a newborn babe.

My newborn babes.

17 comments:

blackbird said...

you DID do it!
Bravo -- now you must teach me.

How could a person not be addicted to those wee faces?

you know what I'd do to them...

yaya said...

Gorgeous...just delightfully gorgeous

Bec of the Ladies Lounge said...

I love this idea - watch the glamorouse space for our addictions this weekend (although my basket of wool is nowhere near so photogenic!)
And your boys? who would not inhale those delicious little newborn babes?

SueeeuS said...

Your addictions are so very close to mine! And YOU have found what looks to be a potentially perfect tea cup/mug. I'm still on my quest, but I envy yours. Those boys... So so beautiful.

Dak-Ind said...

if you are going to have addictions... these are great ones to have! such beautiful babies! and the roses, well they almost rival my moms (because nothing rivals my moms roses! if she caught me saying someone elses were near as good she would probably hurt me!)

Alice said...

Such beautiful babies. How could you not want more. Sadly, that's not the only consideration, is it.

BabelBabe said...

they're so cute...

i finally got a camera and my addiction post is up - i think i broke some rules : )

i picked one addiction - but my babies and my tea could have been contenders too - glad i'm not the only one...

oh, and thx for the curtain pic...i'll let you know how they turn out...

Jan said...

The computer...yup, yarn...yup, tea...yup.
But those little faces!!! So sweet!

jenny said...

Blackbird makes me want to love coffee and folks like you make me want to learn to knit. I have one line of stiches still on my needles. From Last Year.

And newborn babies? Why the smell alone make me content.

Zachary said...

aww arnt they just so cute! I saw your blog from The state of indiana

la vie en rose said...

sweet, sweet babes!

Poppy Buxom said...

Beautiful.

Beautiful.

Beautiful.

!!!

--P.

bon said...

beautiful.
I'm just checking out addictions over from Blackbird's site...

I think I'm addicted to linking and blogroll hopping.

Kim said...

oh my GOD - no more pictures of gorgeous newborns. I'm lactating here and its bad enough letdown comes with ANY of my own children, let alone pictures of someone elses!

halloweenlover said...

Oh, I love your addictions! Great post! Especially your beautiful babes, I could eat them up!

jak said...

Beautiful babies-wondeful addiction! Love the roses-wow!

Have a nice weekend-ps, the mud house sounds really cool-literally!

dani said...

i can see why you're addicted and had 2 after the 1st one. they're gorgeous!!!