Look. See? I’m posting two days in a row, just to prove I’m not dead or in prison.
Di tagged me last week. I’ve been a tad tardy in getting around to responding.
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. salesgirl in a ‘hot bread shop’ (yes it was the late 70s) (yes I was very very young)
2. copywriter in an ad agency
3. a temp job, London, 1986. All hush hush, in a locked room with three others, plotting delivery routes. What for? We didn’t know. Weren’t told. Weren’t allowed to know anything. We were a ragtag bunch of students and travellers, poring over London maps for four weeks, determining the quickest routes from A to B. Then we were sent packing. A week later I watched the news in horror as Rupert Murdoch launched the War at Wapping. And the newspaper world was changed forever.
4. kitchen hand in a ski lodge, the winter of ‘87. The chef was a wild man. I still can’t scrub a zucchini with a straight face.
Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. Shakespeare in Love
2. Love Actually
3. Les Enfants du Paradis
4. Monsieur Hulot’s Holiday
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Kent, UK
2. Melbourne, Victoria
3. Idaho, USA
4. Islington (London), UK
Four TV shows I Love:
1. Drop the Dead Donkey (has been off air for years now)
4. Creature Comforts
Four Places I’ve Holidayed:
3. Cape Tribulation
Four of my favourite dishes:
1. Mum’s roast lamb
2. Rice paper rolls
3. Baked trout with almonds
4. Pancakes with maple syrup, ice cream, and fruit salad
Four websites I visit daily:
2. The University of Melbourne (in semester)
4. Say La Vee
Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. Lying on a beach on a tropical island somewhere, watching my children and husband frolic in the shallows, being served escargots (the pastries, not the molluscs) and a pink drink with an umbrella in it (actually the drink is a lie, it just sounded appropriate. I’d rather a Gordon’s gin & tonic)
2. In Mum’s lounge room, feet curled up on the settee, drinking tea and catching up
3. New York
4. In my bed
Four people I’d like to tag:
I won’t tag anyone in particular, but if there's anyone on the planet who hasn't yet done this one, please have a go if you wish.
And this is where we get all interactive, dear readers.
I want to know how many of you have done this meme on your blogs, cos it seems to be everywhere right now.
Go on, de-lurk and tell me whether you have or not, and if not, why not?
And ... tell me ...
Do you like memes?
Do you like tagging people?
Do you love being tagged but feel uneasy tagging others, as I do?
Do you adore reading other peoples’ responses?
Is it all a bit chain-letterish?
Spill your guts, gentle readers, do.
And now, a gratuitous picture of a boy blowing bubbles, totally unrelated to the text of this post.