29 May 2006

more grovelling ...

One of the brilliant things about having a blog is that I have you [clever/awesome/helpful/good looking] lot at my disposal.

I've been trying to find out this information for over a week and it just occurred to me today to put it out there to my internets.

My mother is knitting a children's jumper from a Debbie Bliss pattern, called, I think, Moss and Garter Stitch Guernsey. Or something. She lives on the other side of the country so I don't have the pattern with me. Anyway, Mum's pattern is damaged and is missing the last couple of lines of the instructions for the sleeves. She has reached as far as "cast off one stitch at [each?] end of next ..."

Does anyone out there in blogland have this pattern? It's from Debbie Bliss' book Classic Knits for Kids (again, I think). I would be forever grateful if you could type out the last couple of lines of the sleeve instructions for me!

Pathetically grateful in advance ...

I remain yours,
Suse in the Soup

2 comments:

sereknitty72 said...

unfortunately I can not help you with the pattern but I thought I'd cheer you on with your attempt at socks! I love knitting socks! I did not know when I started knitting them that I'd become so addicted but now I have at least 2 pairs going at all times! They are so quick and easy to knit and who doesn't love a pair of hand knit socks on their feet...
And I was cracking up about your descriptions of American TV shows--that's so true! I prefer the British shows hands down....

Jane said...

I have the pattern in the book you mention and there's nothing about casting off one stitch either end on the sleeves etc. It's just 'continue straight until sleeve measures 29(32)cm/11.5" (12.5)" from beg, ending with a wrong side row. Cast off'. Does this help? Let me know as I can scan the page or photocopy & post.