31 October 2006

i love my postman

october morn
‘twas a fine October morn and I had a paper to write, so after taking the children to school I did a load of laundry, took the dog for a walk by the river, checked my emails to see if anything exciting had arrived (it hadn’t), read some favourite blogs, made a cup of tea, checked emails again, and was just about to hunker down in my study to underake some serious research (honest john) when I heard the postman.

Up I jumped, huffed and puffed up the steps to the letterbox and lo! there among the bills was a notice saying a parcel awaited me at the post office. Abandoning all pretence at work, I leapt in the car to go and collect what I vaguely assumed was a case of wine ordered recently.

But no! Remember this pathetic whine some months ago? The very generous Christina at crash test dummies had the yarn in question in her stash and kindly took pity on me.

stringbean gifts
And see what she sent? Not only the said yarn (Trekking, bottom left), but another skein of hand-painted sock yarn, exquisite hand-felted angora squares, three beautiful silks and a divine bowl by a local potter. Has this woman got me pegged, or what? Now I just have to resist casting on until all my papers are written.

Thanks so much Christina. I hope you enjoyed your little parcel of trinkets and treats too.

Back to the study.

Must not knit, must not knit, must not …

10 comments:

Isabelle said...

Yup, well I'm doing this at lunch time at work rather than marking my evening class's homework. And they will arrive at class this evening to get it back. I have no difficulty avoiding the temptation to knit, but - must not read "Pea Soup", must not read "Pea Soup", must not read "Pea Soup"....

Mary said...

I'm working from home with children on half term break. So far today I've read some blogs, blocked a shawl, done some laundry and chopped up some firewood - very productive work day.

velcro said...

what beautiful yarn..just give into the temptation to knit. you know you want to.

Paula said...

Good luck with that Must Not Knit bit!

Stjernesol said...

That was a wonderful thing to get in the mail :)

My day I've spent inside - freezing!

MrsFife said...

Ok, I have a very ignoramusy question to ask. What will be done with the felted angora squares?

nutmeg said...

Beautiful view to start your post. Just beautiful. Anything beats writing a paper. What a wonderful package, though I'm with Mrs Fife, what do you do with the angora felt squares?

meggie said...

What a dream parcel!
Hmmm, those colours would make a nice quilt...

My float said...

Beautiful colours. Beautiful gifts. Lucky you, Pea Soup!

My float said...

PS. For a minute there, I thought we were going to be subject to some lurid expose about you and your postman!