22 October 2006

Sunday catch-up

It’s been all go lately.

I had a market stall at the school’s Spring Fair last weekend and spent the weeks prior making stuff to stock it – playcloths, knitted items, little chenille pinafores for toddlers (lousy photo so not posted here but on flickr if you insist), and making another couple of these …

cape frontcape hanger

I was pleased with the way they turned out.

cape hood

Son #3 didn’t want to take it off, and has requested one of his own in blue (he already has a pale orange one, featured elsewhere on the blog – last year’s archives somewhere …)

cape back

This was an order for a wee boy turning three, and I also made a white one for the stall. Still knitting for a couple of orders – photos to come.

PS. In regard to the previous post:
The koala was fine and quite oblivious to the fact it was being swooped by territorial magpies.
Yes, a currawong is a bird.
And I forgot to add:

Wednesday evening: at a class play (a bunch of twelve year olds performing The Tragedy of Dido and Aeneas – imagine!) three possums ran along the exposed rafters of the ceiling above the stage, much to the amusement of the audience and the bemusement of the young actors who had no idea why everyone was giggling.

23 comments:

BabelBabe said...

that blue IS gorgeous. so is your son.

telfair said...

What a beautifully solemn model.

I SO wish I could have seen that class play...

blackbird said...

That is a very fine cloak -
the cousins were here last night and dragged out just about every costume I've ever made, including one fine black cloak.
And I thought of you!

Stjernesol said...

Ah, beautiful :)

Stjernesol said...

Ah, beautiful :)

Stjernesol said...

And that one, came twize - for some reason.. Sorry ;)

My float said...

that cloak is so beautiful.my son would never take it off if he one!

Hulai said...

I love that blue cape! Totally gorgeous!

capello said...

no wonder song #3 wanted to keep it on... it looks wonderfully cozy and awesome in that boy-way too.

Katya said...

It's such a pretty color blue! I'd have loved to have been at that play. A tragedy and people are giggling.

jorth said...

Wow - you even lined it. Snazzy!

sooz said...

Love the cloak - did you make your own pattern is there one out there I can get? I have some chenille that's begging to be used...

shula said...

What, you sew too?

Stomper Girl said...

Your son looks so sweet in the cloak.
Is he the Captain in chenille?
(you have to be over a certain age to get that reference)

Janet said...

loving the cloak, your son looks like a gentle wizard. I like the idea of kids clothes that could be practical everyday wear and imaginative dressup at the same time. Not too long before I can start thinking of costumes myself...

Kim said...

OOOO that is very lovely. I can see my boys never wanting to take it off either. Gorgeous.

herhimnbryn said...

The Tragedy of D and A!!!!! 12 years olds! I am amazed and impressed.

flutter said...

I love that! What lucky weebles, to have you as a mom

Joke said...

I agree with BabBab...but, at the risk of impertinence, what IS that called? I don't want to go through life calling it "that blue thing."

Is that a For Real Cloak?

-J.

Suse said...

Yes, I sew.

Joke, I would call it a cloak. Or a cape, but I the word cloak is more satisfying somehow.

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful boy.
The blue cloak is not bad, either.

Suse said...

Captain in Chenille. heh heh.

Pattern is Simplicity 5927

zephyr said...

i just swam into your blog as i was dipping and sampling into others...can't remember the trail i took but what fun it is delving into your Pea Soup...and i'm now inspired to pull out that half-finished sweater (that's America-speak for jumper). i really like the green one in your flickr album...and many other things i've seen.
and, best of all, your stories/essays/snippets/words make me laugh and smile...thanks!