48 Things You Could NOT Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME?
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My great grandmother was Susan, but mostly my parents just liked the name. You know, like the parents of every second girlchild born in the 60s. (In the late 70s we all rebelled, en masse, and shortened our names to Sue. To stand out, you know).
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
I started to snivel last night, thinking about what might happen when my boys become teenagers. Then I snapped out of it and went to sleep instead (I had an early start this morning, okay?)
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It does the job.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Roast beef with Branston pickle, or a homemade chutney.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes. But I’d bitch about me behind my back.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
You’re reading it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yep, all my bits.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Not particularly, but when I was 18 and living and working at a ski resort, my 40 year old room-mate whom I adored and respected told me I had inner strength. I’ve never forgotten it.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR?
Anything along the lines of toffee, butterscotch, caramel, honeycomb.
14. SHOE SIZE?
6 and a half
5. RED OR PINK?
Pink clothes occasionally, red shoes often.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My skin. (That was very hard to type).
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Lots of people. My aunt. My PopPop. T of the sugarbowl, who moved back to Perth. F, who moved to Canberra. My cousin T who moved to Brisbane. M, my best friend from primary school.
Heavens, was it something I said?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
If they want to.
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Striped pants in a range of beiges and plums (fine stripes, we’re not talking Andy Pandy I promise), a white linen 3/4 sleeve shirt. Both purchased at Savers yesterday for a couple of dollars each, washed and ironed, then donned today. I don’t think I have purchased NEW clothes for years - I am the Op Shop Queen. Buttery-caramel slingbacks (not from the op shop I hasten to add. Shoes are different. As are undergarments. Oh and bathers. Um, leotards too. Socks).
20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The computer humming softly, the heater at my feet clicking off. A distant aeroplane.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
Duck egg blue.
23. FAVOURITE SMELL?
Bread in the oven.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
A bloke at work about the agenda for a strategy meeting.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
What they’re wearing.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
She sends me yarn. What do you think? And I didn’t steal it, shut up.
27. FAVOURITE DRINK?
Gin and tonic. Hot chocolate. English Breakfast tea. It all depends on the context.
28. FAVOURITE SPORT?
I am totally disinterested in sport. Can tolerate cricket if my child is playing.
29. EYE COLOUR?
30. HAT SIZE?
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Not frequently. They make my eyes red and itchy. Not a good look.
32. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Mangoes, raspberries, Maltesers, corn on the cob, gingerbread, honeycomb.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
36. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends who’s offering.
37. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
My homemade sticky toffee pudding.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Heck, I don’t know. The ones who enjoy memes I spose. There are lots of people I’d like to tag but I’m shy.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
The lurkers. And Jane (she doesn’t do memes).
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
Homer on Life and Death by Jasper Griffin
Adventures of the Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
A mouse. Der.
(You should ask me what my mousepad is? - A miniature Persian rug. Tres posh).
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Nothing. Haven’t watched the box in weeks.
43. FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
Children laughing. A baby snuffling in his sleep. Bach violin sonatas. Rain on a tin roof. (Catch me, I’m coming over all poetic).
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
Beatles. I regularly get O Blah Di in my head for weeks at a time.
I once won a Rolling Stones record with pictures of pop art women in pointy bras all over the cover. I was 15 and sooo embarrassed.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Idaho was a looong way away from Melbourne in so many ways. So was Portugal. Ditto Edinburgh.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
I can wiggle my ears. I am so special.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
St Thomas’ Hospital, London (across the river from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament).
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?