3 November 2006

Friday meme

48 Things You Could NOT Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME?
Susan

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My great grandmother was Susan, but mostly my parents just liked the name. You know, like the parents of every second girlchild born in the 60s. (In the late 70s we all rebelled, en masse, and shortened our names to Sue. To stand out, you know).

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
I started to snivel last night, thinking about what might happen when my boys become teenagers. Then I snapped out of it and went to sleep instead (I had an early start this morning, okay?)

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It does the job.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Roast beef with Branston pickle, or a homemade chutney.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes. But I’d bitch about me behind my back.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
You’re reading it.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yep, all my bits.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Fark, no.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Porridge.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Not particularly, but when I was 18 and living and working at a ski resort, my 40 year old room-mate whom I adored and respected told me I had inner strength. I’ve never forgotten it.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR?
Anything along the lines of toffee, butterscotch, caramel, honeycomb.

14. SHOE SIZE?
6 and a half

5. RED OR PINK?
Pink clothes occasionally, red shoes often.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My skin. (That was very hard to type).

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Lots of people. My aunt. My PopPop. T of the sugarbowl, who moved back to Perth. F, who moved to Canberra. My cousin T who moved to Brisbane. M, my best friend from primary school.

Heavens, was it something I said?

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
If they want to.

19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Striped pants in a range of beiges and plums (fine stripes, we’re not talking Andy Pandy I promise), a white linen 3/4 sleeve shirt. Both purchased at Savers yesterday for a couple of dollars each, washed and ironed, then donned today. I don’t think I have purchased NEW clothes for years - I am the Op Shop Queen. Buttery-caramel slingbacks (not from the op shop I hasten to add. Shoes are different. As are undergarments. Oh and bathers. Um, leotards too. Socks).

20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Gingerbread.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The computer humming softly, the heater at my feet clicking off. A distant aeroplane.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
Duck egg blue.

23. FAVOURITE SMELL?
Bread in the oven.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
A bloke at work about the agenda for a strategy meeting.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
What they’re wearing.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
She sends me yarn. What do you think? And I didn’t steal it, shut up.

27. FAVOURITE DRINK?
Gin and tonic. Hot chocolate. English Breakfast tea. It all depends on the context.

28. FAVOURITE SPORT?
I am totally disinterested in sport. Can tolerate cricket if my child is playing.

29. EYE COLOUR?
Blue.

30. HAT SIZE?
Pinhead.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Not frequently. They make my eyes red and itchy. Not a good look.

32. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Mangoes, raspberries, Maltesers, corn on the cob, gingerbread, honeycomb.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer.

36. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends who’s offering.

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
My homemade sticky toffee pudding.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Heck, I don’t know. The ones who enjoy memes I spose. There are lots of people I’d like to tag but I’m shy.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
The lurkers. And Jane (she doesn’t do memes).

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
Homer on Life and Death by Jasper Griffin
Adventures of the Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
A mouse. Der.
(You should ask me what my mousepad is? - A miniature Persian rug. Tres posh).

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Nothing. Haven’t watched the box in weeks.

43. FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
Children laughing. A baby snuffling in his sleep. Bach violin sonatas. Rain on a tin roof. (Catch me, I’m coming over all poetic).

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
Beatles. I regularly get O Blah Di in my head for weeks at a time.

I once won a Rolling Stones record with pictures of pop art women in pointy bras all over the cover. I was 15 and sooo embarrassed.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Idaho was a looong way away from Melbourne in so many ways. So was Portugal. Ditto Edinburgh.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
I can wiggle my ears. I am so special.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
St Thomas’ Hospital, London (across the river from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament).

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Christina.

16 comments:

nutmeg said...

Mmmm homemade chutney, caramel, honeycomb, fresh bread, EB tea, G&T - much to admire here.

So too the red shoes and the rain on the tin roof - lovely!

sooz said...

Up until we got to 11 I was beginning to suspect you stole my identity. It's not the first time I've wondered about this with you Suse. Thankfully I've never been to Idaho, can't imagine myself wearing pink (even on an occassional basis) and think my skin is quite possibly my finest bit. Otherwise I might have to...you know.

In the year I was born the two most popular names were Susan and Jane, and I got them both! Gotta love that births deaths and marriages web site.

Molly said...

Whisper, whisper, will someone explain what a meme is? Is it something about yourself? As in Me, Me? Teacher! pick me!? and what rules govern memes--do you have to ask permission? or can you brazenly steal, in broad daylight? just me[me]in search of enlightenment...

Suse said...

Molly, see

this or try Wikipedia

Bec of the Ladies Lounge said...

Ok - expect it some time over the weekend. But only because you gave me the 'enjoy' word. If you'd given me 'ones' I'd be huffy.

(dashing back now to click on 'ones' again because I only caught a glimpse before but it looks like Joke has renovated!!)

ps - my middle name is Sue. Just Sue. But don't tell anyone.

Jane said...

Thank you for that reminder.

This is about the first meme response I've ever read with interest - and the first I've ever finished. If girls of our generation weren't Susan they were Jane or Alison. Which dates me as I'm Jane Alison.

Bec of the Ladies Lounge said...

ps - Suse, you might want to check that link: I don't think it goes where you intended for joke...

blackbird said...

do you have a good gingerbread recipe, wherein the gingerbread is moist and almost slightly sticky?

BabelBabe said...

Suse! You, of all people! My comrade-in-arms against the grammar eejits!

48 things you could NOT care less about.

Humph.

You are a duck, so duck egg blue is perfect, dear.

herhimnbryn said...

Herhimnbryn = Susan = 1959 = 6 Susans in the sixth form = 5 wanting to be called Sue = me insisting on SUSAN please! Sue sometimes now and never ever on pain of death Susie.

Suse said...

Yikes, thanks Bec. Joke's link is now fixed. And I won't TELL A SOUL your middle name.

Herhimbryn - 1964 - there were five Sues in my fourth form, and last year there were four Sues who were mothers in each of my children's classes. I am Susan or sometimes Sue or Suse but NEVER Susie!

bb - I buy gingerbread. Shhh.

BB - d'you know, this meme has been EVERYWHERE on the internet, and every single time I have looked at it and thought "I thought the saying was things you could NOT care less about"? And nearly wrote that on the top of the post but didn't. Did the sheep thing and followed along. I have now fixed it.

48 Things I Could Not Give a Flying Duck About.

Jane - my closest friends are all called Sue, Jane and Alison.

Sooz - so what year are you?!

Isabelle said...

Oh wow, you're English. (Or were?) And you've been to Edinburgh. I sympathise with the name thing. My first name (Isabelle is my middle name) was extremely fashionable with 1950s mothers, and almost all girls with it, shorten it. There were 4 of us in my class at school.

shula said...

Stole it.

janet said...

Yes I stole it too, after enjoying reading your answers. I hardly ever buy new clothes either, where woud I be without Savers? And I think I'm going to copy your idea and do a meme each Friday.

Please excuse my ignorance but I don't get the grammar issue. Somehow "could care less" sounds better to me than "could not care less". Maybe I'm confusing grammar with common usage, as I often do, grammar not being my strong point. Oh, just a minute, "couldn't care less" maybe.. I see, now it makes sense. Duh.

shula said...

What was question #34?

Elizabeth said...

We could definitely eat, drink and shop together.
I'm going to do this one.