17 November 2006

friday procrastination meme

Explain what ended your last relationship?
He went home to New Zealand. Last I heard he was a merchant banker in London. Hmmm.

When was the last time you shaved?
Don't remember.


What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
Taking the minutes at a meeting with the Vice Chancellor and Council members.

What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Reading blogs. Procrastinating about taxes.


Are you any good at math?
Nope.

Your prom night, what do you remember about it?
I was living in America that year so I did go to a prom! My date was Sueeeus' best friend's twin brother.

Do you have any famous ancestors?
Nope.

Have you had to take a loan out for school?
No. The HECS debt just continues to grooowwww ...

Last thing received in the mail?
A postcard from Son #2, which arrived after he returned from camp.

How many different beverages have you had today?
(Beverage! Sooo American! Ha! Trans: drink)
Two.

Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
Well der.

Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
Billy Joel.

Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
No.

What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had?
Cleaning.

What is out your back door?
A smallish lawn, then a big drop and a glorious view. Also, about an acre of feral blackberries that we are finally managing to tame.

Any plans for Friday night?
Bed. I was at work at 7.30 this morning and I'm tired.

Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Nope.

Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Yes, three times.

Do you re-use towels after you shower?
Yep.

Some things you are excited about?
A cool invitation I received the other day. Playing with the big kids.

What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O?
Jelly? Port wine.

Describe your keychain(s)
Lots of keys and a long piece of fingerknitting done by Son #3.

Where do you keep your change?
In my purse in my bag.

When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
At the end of last year. I made a speech on behalf of Son #3's class community to say farewell to their beloved teacher who was leaving to have a baby.

What kind of winter coat do you own?
Snot Green Dead Yak.

What was the weather like on your graduation day?
Warm.

Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
Closed.

6 comments:

blackbird said...

I love that coat --
I hope they are gone...

Liz said...

I'm American but I never say "beverage". :)

Laura said...

The idea of port wine Jello has given me the uncontrolable giggles!

danielle said...

I love seeing linguistic differences in countries that all theoretically speak the same language.

I don't think most Americans would ask the beverage question as was presented, but if anyone asked how many drinks I'd already had today, i'd have to confess to the baileys irish cream in the coffee and the rum in the coke (not really, but in this context, "drinks" is assumed to be alcohol)

here's a link to a site that sells popcorn tins http://www.popcult.com/

sueeeus said...

Port wine Jello/Jelly?! We have NO SUCH THING here! I like this meme, and I forgot your prom date, but it's been, uhhhh, t w e n t y f o u r years since then. Gosh, how time flies!

Bec of the Ladies Lounge said...

Guy next to me at work just got a $15000 rebate because the Tax Office 'forgot' to tell him he'd paid off his HECS a coupla years ago. There is hope.