5 February 2007

production

reading corner

It has been a productive summer break.

We’ve put up a shed, filled a shed, erected a new clothesline, built bunk beds, and laid a couple of paths and pulled up others.

I also went to Ikea to get red doona covers for the bunk beds in the new ‘red room’ inhabited by Sons #1 and 3 (#2 is having a turn on his own) and found that the covers I had planned to buy are now discontinued. There was one king size doona left in the whole of Australia in that colourway which they sold to me for a grand total of $9.95 so I turned it into two single doona covers.

And had enough left over for a large floor cushion to make a reading nook.

dangerous reading

Dangerous stuff.

11 comments:

shula said...

I sincerely hope that the new clotheslines is as whimsical as the old one.

Great cushion.

Violet & Rose said...

I keep seeing that book in the bookshops and wonder what it is all about? I only had sisters and now only have daughters, so it would be a brave new world for me.

tut-tut said...

Doona. That's the first time I've seen that work used. A comforter?

It's always soothing to have everything picked up and put away--at least once in a while!

velcro said...

My father's bought that book for my son, and when he (my dad) has finally finished reading it, he'll pass it on. It looks good though

is a doona the same as a downie/duvet?

BabelBabe said...

you are so talented. i really like that pattern, too. pretty without being too feminine for boys.

Emma said...

I have been thinking about buying that book for my 8 year old son. He's a good reader, but not very enthused about reading, and I hoped that it might give him some motivation to read! Your sewing looks great!

MsCellania said...

Clever Girl!

We say Duvet here. Doo Vay. My very cultured friends say Doona, however.

I wish we could have clotheslines here. Not that we could've used them since Dec 20th, as we've had 4 feet of snow on the ground since then. And this weekend, which is predicting snow again, will be the 9th weekend in a row of a weekend snowstorm.

telfair said...

I love that you're so talented, you can make ONE doona into TWO.

Em said...

I think every boy in Australia must now have that book!

I love the red doona print.

Liz said...

Such a cheerful fabric. I love it.

Laura said...

That's a gorgeous cushion. I love the pattern and the colour.