20 May 2007

Meet Me in Melbourne

Come one come all!

If you're a blogger and in Melbourne on Sunday June 17, would you like to meet a few other bloggers?

The (almost) no rule Meet Me in Melbourne bloggers gathering will be in the Flagstaff Gardens in the afternoon from 2pm onwards in the vicinity of the kids' playground, near the junction of Peel, William and Franklin Streets. You can come in any guise for as long or short a time as you like. BYO picnic paraphernalia- perhaps some afternoon tea to share.

The only rule? Wear a name tag with who you are and the name of your blog.

And no excuses, like you don't know anyone or are worried your type of blog won't fit in. It's the perfect opportunity to get in touch with some of your on-line acquaintances and plan to meet up. We all share the desire to connect to each other through our blogs, so I'm sure none of us are too scary in real life.

Of course being Melbourne, the weather is something of a lottery. Please check on the morning of the meet for latest details and weather contingency plans at the following blogs:

sooz big adventure

muppinstuff

pea soup


If you'd like to help us spread the word (even if you can't come in person) please copy and paste this post to your blog. We're working hard to bring you one of those groovy badges so stay tuned...

22 comments:

Chai said...

But that would ruin the mystery, no? eg. you sound much better dressed.

BabelBabe said...

oh. i want to come.

Susan said...

sounds like fun. good intentions at this stage, but with a young bub there are no guarentees!

Mz. Minty said...

Why oh why must I live in the U.S.? : (

Liz said...

I would love to come. It would run me $2500+ US to get there, I checked. Have fun.

Isabelle said...

Oh, I would love to come too. Sulk. But I'm going for a long weekend with my family to Crieff, in Scotland. Otherwise, of course...

Jenny said...

I would love to come but as it is the day before my son's 18th birthday and I live in Tassie and I have no money for a plane ticket I think I'm an unlikely starter. Of course I could give my son a trip to Melbourne for his birthday and come with him, that might work.

Sharon said...

Well I don't have babies, toddlers and children under four foot high ... I am a mother though, to girls who are very, very grownup... My knitting is at its very best somewhat, shall we say rustic... My creative powers are somewhat on the wane - need a recharge here - but I do live in Melbourne and if you will have me I would love to come...

Lazy cow said...

Oooh, I'll be there with bells on. Just little bells, that tinkle softly.

Marg said...

I would have been there, but that is the one weekend in the year that I am now in town! Darn it!

Marg said...

Not in town even!

Stomper Girl said...

Thankyou Suse, Sooz and Muppinstuff for organising.

I would like to come and I'm wondering if many people might be bringing kids?

Jenny said...

Suse I have tagged you for a meme,check my blog for details.

daintee said...

too bad i live oh so far away ...

thanks for your note on my blog, by the way. i was worried no one read it anymore! ;)

herhimnbryn said...

Oh bugger! Too far away. By that I mean the cash I could have used on an air fare just got spent on repairing the roof!!!!

meggie said...

Feck! no money in the kitty!
Oh well there is always next year??
Serious envy!!

MsCellania said...

I would so enjoy meeting all of you. But not this year. One year we will get to OZ.
I started posting again, btw. Babysitter is off college for summer so I've got a bit of me time again. YAHOO!
Love your sweet little knit goodies.

Miss Eagle said...

Thanks for that info, Suse. Can I also tell you The Melbourne Weblogger Meetup Group which can be accessed at http://blog.meetup.com/378/members/3656729/

We are meeting to-morrow night. Details are:

Date: Wednesay 23 May
Time: 6.30pm onwards (so those in the CBD can come straight from work)
Place: The Horse Bazaar Bar - 397 Little Lonsdale St Melbourne
Cost: nothing - buy your own drinks/coffee/food

So Miss Eagle would be there and would love to meets lots of fellow bloggers.

Blessings and bliss

nutmeg said...

You lucky Melburnians (she says through gritted teeth - no I'm not jealous at all!)

Have a wonderful afternoon ladies :-)

tamara said...

ooh! if the stars align and all kidlets, weather and other stuff work, I'll be there. Probably with kids, husband and puppy in tow. (Travel light, I do)

It's going in the calendar now!

el zed said...

Unbelievable ... husband, kids and I fly home to Australia the weekend after. What a bugger. Would've loved to meet some of the Melbourne bloggers who keep me feeling connected to home. Next year!

Catherine said...

that sounds really nice, although a bit scary (the whole meeting people when you don't know what they look like, and you might possibly rock up to someone who has no idea what you're talking about...). I'll work on my braveness in the meantime!