I’m bending the rules slightly and giving them seven each.
Here are 7 random photos from the past week …
nine rows of moss …
like those arty lighthouse photos …
who took this?
That’s me there, washing the dishes . This can be for those of you who wanted the see the "before" shots of the kitchen. (Note hideous pale green laminate and elderly ugly dishwasher that sounds like a jet aeroplane taking off). It all comes out on the 12th of June.
this was taken a couple of weeks ago (when it was still warm enough to dry washing outside). The "lawn" is now green after the recent rains (rains! yes! I know!)
this is what the family room looks like from about April to October when it’s too cold to use the clothesline. The cat is not happy at having to share
look at the fancy picot edging on these. Can I knit a toadstool, I wonder?
7 random things, without photos …
1. I’m a fairly low maintenance gal. I don’t wear perfume or expensive jewellery and I have never ever had a wax or a pedicure or manicure. I haven’t had a proper expensive in-a-salon haircut in a couple of years. Mr Soup doesn’t know how lucky he is.
2. I’ve lately been reading lots of books with a historical bent. I fantasise about writing a historical novel myself. You know, in that spare time I have.
3. I failed at cake baking the other day. This upset me far more than it should have in the grand scheme of things.
4. For Mothers’ Day the other weekend I was presented with (rather earlier than I would have liked but nevertheless) sourdough toast smothered in plum jam, served to me in bed. When the boys opened the bedroom curtains with a flourish, there was an orange tree outside the window.
5. Now I have to plant it.
6. Along with the three bags of cuttings one of Mr Soup’s clients sent him home with this week. And the four punnets of blue fescue seedlings I bought.
7. I have blue eyes.
(Oh, lame I know. I ran out of random).
Ok, one more.
I want to make a rag rug.
I think I'm the last person on Planet Blog to do this meme so I'm not tagging. If you by some chance haven't done it and wish to do so, please consider yourself tagged.