2 June 2007

again with the cute ...

baby sandal

The Baby Sandal.

Knitted from the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book, but in an 8ply cream wool from stash.

This pattern was a minor headache (which goes some way to explaining why thus far it is a singleton. Um, just like the eeny teeny baby sock. The attention span of a two day old gnat, I have). I couldn’t make head nor tail of some bits of it, and ended up googling debbie+bliss+baby+sandal+cashmerino+HELP! I came across a smattering of fellow bloggers moaning about the notoriously vague nature of Debbie Bliss patterns, and breathed a small sigh of relief that I wasn’t alone. None of the google results was of any assistance, mind, but there is comfort in being part of a wider teeth-gnashing group, and I soldiered on, guesstimating what to do next. The second sandal has been ripped back twice now and I’ve temporarily lost interest.

Besides, some delicious red 8ply has arrived from Bendigo Woollen Mills (because in my two suitcases full of stashed yarns I can’t find what I need; what is with that?) and I’m happily ensconced in another tomato hat (or should that be cherry?) for the littlest cherry in the Born Lucky household.

In other news, I've just taken part in an academic study on op shopping.

8 comments:

Janet said...

Um, it looks hugely complicated, but then I'm not a knitter. It is very beautiful though, could it be part of a sideboard decorative installation?

Opshopping study? I'd like to read that, I think.

blackbird said...

Lucky baby...

you were probably a fine case-study in op-shopping, I'm sure.

String Bean said...

Cuteness all around.

I've taken to avoiding DB patterns. They're cute, but often involve a mass headache.

Isabelle said...

That's the sort of reason that I don't knit. I mean the process, not the result.

A kangaroo in your garden??? That sounds so...strange. Never happened to us here in Scotland.

shula said...

I did most of Mym's baby clothes from Debbie Bliss.

You are not alone. Some of her patterns were nightmares.

tut-tut said...

Ack, the stash! I"ve made a firm resolve to knit through mine. Lovely bootie.

meggie said...

Op shopping study?? That sounds very intriguing. Do we get to hear more??
Nice little slipper!

BabelBabe said...

i think I need to do more field researc in op shop shopping.

and my quilt fabric stash grows and grows....i can't quilt fast enough to keep up with it. and now i have a rags-for-ragrugs stash started, THANKS TO YOU, missy!