30 June 2007

Ersatz post to keep the blog warm while I compose a kitchen renovation post, and write out the sourdough bread recipe as per several requests

the view on an autumn morn1

With the turning of the year last week I’m feeling the need to turn inward myself, hunker down by the fire and be with my family. And my knitting.

Soups and stews are simmering away on the stove most of the time these days, and as I write there’s a chocolate pudding in the oven, its fragrance filling all the nooks and crannies in the house. It’s even lured Son #3 away from his Lego.

I meant to blog about the winter solstice, and what it’s come to mean to our family, but the moment passed me by and besides, you can read about it in the archives from previous years. The danger in having a blog more than one year old is the repetition. Maybe I’ve said all I have to say? I’m afraid of this little space becoming one of those Today I ate a cheese sandwich blogs, so you might just have to look at photos for a while until I find something worthwhile to say. Or go read funnier, more eloquent blogs. I’ll be knitting socks by the fire for a bit.

In the meantime, because every post needs a couple of photos, here’s a pair of black wristwarmers made recently for a customer. Gees Louise, how hard is it to photograph black?

black wristwarmers

9 comments:

Kim said...

I think you need to know that there are many of us perfectly happy to read posts about what kind of sandwich you ate for lunch. And yes, the sourdough recipe please...

telfair said...

Yes, I believe that you could make a cheese sandwich post sound riveting.

Those wristwarmers are gorgeous.

shula said...

almost as hard as it is to photograph red.

I hate photographing red.

And wot telfair said.

ThirdCat said...

What telfair said, and also, have you ever done a good self-saucing pudding? It's something I really want to do.

Anonymous said...

hell, you could post excerpts of the phone book and I would still read you, love. stay warm and cozy. - babelbabe

Eclair said...

Oooh I'm just in the mood for a chocolate pudding! It's cold and wet down here and we are loving our wood-burner these days. I find myself knitting as close to it as possible!

So. What DID you have for lunch?

tut-tut said...

I love the photo, so mysterious and evocative at the same time.

meggie said...

Ditto all of the above.

Beck said...

Your post was GORGEOUS!
And thank you so much for linking to me! I'm so behind on my blog reading that it's ridiculous.