23 November 2007

the one in which we do not mention the election

So instead, sing along with me.

Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle with you ...




Moving right along and ignoring the Big Event tomorrow so we don't get all worked up and overwhelmed, I've been tagged by the delightful and very short-haired Frogdancer with the weird things meme.

This has been around the blogosphere about a gazillion times, stopping off at Pea Soup four times over the years. Which I suppose means you now think you know every random and/or weird thing about me.

Ha. There are many as yet unplundered depths to my weirdness.

Hence ...

1. I finished knitting a plum pudding tonight and ... hang on, that can be number 1 all by itself, no?

2. ... after completing the pudding I thought to myself, it's time to reinstate the traditional Friday Night Meme. Hmmm, no one's tagged me for ages so I might have to create my own meme (eek!). I switched on the computer and there in my comments was a notification that I've been tagged for a meme, ta-da. The Universe Blogosphere provides. So what's weird about me in that? Uh, not sure. My ability to put stuff out there and it happens? (Yeah, um, onward).

3. I'm still doing the hair pulling thing. Sheesh, look at the date on that. I've been molesting myself for two freaking years now. Must seek help.

4. I'm a bit nervous about the election tomorrow. Even though we are not speaking of it, only singing. Clowns to the left etc etc

5. One glass of wine at an art show opening and I'm quite squiffy and rambly. And I have no idea how to do hanging indents in html.

6. I'm still ridiculously shy about this blogging thing. Note to self: get over yourself. I came out to my co-stall-holder friend, very nervously and blushingly, but she was wonderful and she found me (I came out in rather generic terms and didn't give her a name or link) and was full of praise and now look! Here she is! Please welcome Steph to the Blogosphere. (I do love getting people addicted to my own favourite things).

7. My yarn stash (mostly selected purchases from Bendigo Woollen Mills or more often from the op shop) has grown so big I'm starting to hide it from myself, not merely my husband. Which I think means I'm embarrassed by it. I recently found hidden (behind another bag of yarn, oh the irony) a huge picnic basket stuffed full of whites, creams and naturals that I had put aside for future dyeing adventures. God help me.

8. I don't tag.

15 comments:

Lesley (El Zed) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesley (El Zed) said...

Oh! The e-word (I'm not mentioning it, like you asked). But it's SO exciting (unlike the lumbering bunfight over here, which still has a whole friggin' year to go)!
We voted last week on the 31st floor of a skyscraper in Century City, Los Angeles, and I'm on tenterhooks. Voting starts tonight (our time) and we'll be spending this post-Thanksgiving day getting Radio National streaming in to iTunes on my Mac so we can listen all through the night! Wish we were there!

Marg said...

Listening to the commentary on the commercial radio stations this morning, apparently the best thing about the thing that we aren't mentioning are the sausage sizzles! I have to say I can't remember ever having a sausage sizzle (might be a Victorian thing but not SA!). Don't these people know that you can get a sausage sizzle at Bunnings every weekend?

Frogdancer said...

How hilarious!

You said that I gave you what you needed.... and then you did the same for me!

I've been wanting to buy some wool for ages, and the local wool shop isn't much chop, and Martas is a bit on the pricey side. All the online shops I'd come across were in the UK, which seemed a bit pointless...
and then whoopee! You posted a link to Bendigo woolen mills. (I had one of those "Duh!" moments. You know, when the obvious is pointed out to you, and you realise you should've thought of it before.)
Anyway, one new 8 ply pattern and 4 big balls of wool later, I'm a happy woman. I'll be haunting the letter box now. Thank you!!

Carson said...

You weirdo you
I feel the need to comment further but all I can come up with is ...

:)


there.
Eloquent, eh?

Stomper Girl said...

Sheeesh. A knitted plum pudding. When are you starting on the turkey? Glad I'm not eating at your house on christmas day.

Off to vote in half an hour and I do wish you and me happy don't-mention-the-war parties (I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it) this evening.

Kim said...

A knitted plum pudding? Finally a knitted food I get.

Hope the stall went well today, was thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

The knitted plum pudding was lovely! (As was everything else on the stall!)

Siobhan

(The embarressed "I regognized you, from your stuff" woman, who chatted to you , then confessed she realised that she knew you from your blog & the pictures of your wonderful knitted items and then she hurriedly ran off to find the rest of her family!)

bluemountainsmary said...

Yes I understand your number 6.

And the blogosphere does provide because although I have half a dozen projects on the go I am very keen right now on charcoal and yellow and just want to start something - anything - so I am off to Bendigo!

Kirti said...

I'm sure that's what Bob Brown is singing right now. God love him. Hey Suse I was so inspired by your Christmas posts last year and was looking back over them just now to get an idea about the Advent Candles and verses and then as you do, went back to earlier posts and realised how similar an experience to your house sale/tree change we are having. Except that our trees are still half a year away! Love your blog. Happy New Government!

ludwiglk said...

Stealer's Wheel!!!! I had that on a 45 rpm record and played it so much that I still know all the words!

Isabelle said...

The hair pulling thing.. my son-in-law does this. I'm interested that you do, too - you seem so together. He's lovely, by the way, but not all that level-headed.

Belinda said...

I am pissing myself laughing after reading this post!
I love the clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right reference to the election- so spot on.
Oh and the hiding yarn and other op shop purchases from yourself (and said husband), I am with you on that also!

Seriously though, (can I be serious after that?!)- I think all your knitted fruit and vegetables are really great.

Wendy said...

It's not a yarn stash, it's a yarn collection. Something you lovingly brought into your home over the years. (Said by a woman with an entire closet of fabric.)

fiona said...

hope you recieved the result (or not )that you were after! good luck with the plum pudding cant wait to see it!