3 December 2007

rather odd meme

Seen at blackbird’s and Telfair’s blogs and its weirdness made me laugh.

And have you noticed that now NaNoBloMo is over, I’m suddenly posting every day? Heh.

What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
Something homemade, grainy and kind of beige. Bought at the hippie market a few weekends ago.

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
Nope.

What would you change about your living room?
I'd like it to be cleaner. And less smoky in winter.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Dirty. I did a lot of cooking today. See previous post and thank you for the amazing pork recipes.

What is in your fridge?
Left over pork. Milk, eggs, cheese (cheddar, parmesan and blue) apple juice, limp celery, a leek, yoghurt (vanilla and Greek), yeast, lettuce, zucchini, half an onion, a door full of condiments.

White or wheat bread?
This confuses me. White bread is made of wheat. If you mean white or wholemeal, well, I make a loaf that’s 2/3 white flour and 1/3 wholemeal flour. That was a longer answer than necessary, wasn’t it?

What is on top of your refrigerator?
A red folder full of school notices, timetables, receipts for excursions, and weekly school newsletters from both schools, all collected throughout the school year. This folder will be emptied on 21 December and the children are COUNTING DOWN. A jar full of Shakespearian insults fridge magnets. Dust.

What color or design is on your shower curtain?
We have a plain glass door. It needs cleaning.

How many plants are in your home?
Three avocado pips suspended over glasses of water, on the kitchen window sill.

Is your bed made right now?
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Comet or Soft Scrub?
Another confusing question. This meme clearly hails from the other side of the planet where you speak funny. I have no idea what you want from me in this question.

Is your closet organized?
Could do better.

Can you describe your flashlight?
Yes.

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass. Plastic is kind of scary.

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
Definitely an American meme. NO.

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
No garage.

Curtains or blinds?
Our bedroom has curtains, the other rooms have either nothing or blinds. In fact I just got rid of the living room blinds on Freecycle because they were so ugly I thought someone less fortunate than us could use them.

How many pillows do you sleep with?
One.

Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
There’s a nightlight in the bathroom.

How often do you vacuum?
Once a week. Usually. Although it’s been 10 days now.

Standard toothbrush or electric?
Standard. Son #3 has an electric one – he got it for Christmas last year after begging and even writing it in a letter to Father Christmas. I was so embarrassed in January when he told everyone what his main Christmas present was. I was torn between standing behind him mouthing helplessly Third child! or just muttering defensively But it’s what he wanted!

What color is your toothbrush?
White and yellow.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
Yes. Black rubber in a kind of wrought iron fancy shape. Sounds naff I know but I like it.

What is in your oven right now?
Baked on gunk.

Is there anything under your bed?
Dust, Chinese embroidered slippers from the $2 Shop (abandoned because they don’t stay on), old copies of f*cking Donna Hay magazine.

Chore you hate doing the most?
Toss up between vacuuming the walls and ironing.

What retro items are in your home?
We have an ancient black bakelite phone (that used to work until lightning damaged it. Now it sits in my study, useless and dusty). An old armchair from the op shop. An op shop coffee table. Lots of old stuff but I’m not sure they count as ‘retro’.

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
Yep and it’s a pigsty but it’s my pigsty.

How many mirrors are in your home?
Four.

What color are your walls?
Mud.

Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Nope. But when Mr Soup went to England for a funeral some years ago I put his cricket bat under the bed.

What does your home smell like right now?
Rain! And mud.

Favorite candle scent?
Vanilla.

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Gherkins.

What color is your favorite Bible?
I have an old blue bible from when I was 6 and made my parents send me to Sunday School because my best friend went. It is my only bible so I suppose that makes it also my favourite, although I have never used those two words in the same sentence before and what the hell kind of a question is that.

Ever been on your roof?
No but the boys all have. Of course.

Do you own a stereo?
Yes.

How many TVs do you have?
One.

How many house phones?
One.

Do you have a housekeeper?
Uh, no.

What style do you decorate in?
I don’t think it has a name.

Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
Solid.

Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Three. The one near the lounge room has to be removed in winter or it goes off every night when we light the fire. Note to self: put it back up.

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
Aside from children and pets? The folder containing our birth certificates, marriage certificate, citizenship certificates, passports etc (top drawer, filing cabinet, at the front already in waterproof envelope ready to go, hey we have our Fire Plan up and running, people), and the small but precious collection of home videos we started making when the firstborn arrived. Note to self: put all those videos in a bag to facilitate easier escape.

18 comments:

blackbird said...

I wouldn't mind seeing Donna Hay fucking. Who fucks her?
Clearly this is an Australian thing.

herhimnbryn said...

I hate vacuuming walls!

Lesley (El Zed) said...

Donna Hay's 'cookbooks' are on sale here in the US and, funny (in a Monty Python voice), when I first saw one in B&N I said exactly the same thing you did in your blog.
And Americans hate the word 'fuck'. I get very dirty looks when I say it. They just don't swear - how can that be?
Comet is a powder like Ajax or Bon Ami; Soft Scrub is like Jif.
A VERY intrusive meme.

tut-tut said...

Very odd, the concept of a favorite Bible . . .

capello said...

hey, i think your oven and my oven are long lost lovers.

Kez said...

Are you sure you weren't decribing my house??! Baked on gunk in the oven, dust, unmade bed, unvacuumed floors - yep, sounds ike my house!

fifi said...

oh, hallelujah.

I am not alone....oven gunk, vacuuming(?!), vanilla candles.


who vacuums walls? although I SHOULD...there are spiders all over mine, but they keep the fly population down.

telfair said...

I love that you did this one, your answers made me laugh really hard.

Especially about the toothbrush...

Claire Falkingham said...

Ha!

Kirti said...

Hmmm,are you sure that is a meme and not somne freak from the states casing your home with the intention of grand theft? they just forgot to ask for your alarm code

Stacey (Sheeps Clothing) said...

Blackbird, if Donna Hay fucks, I am sure she does it with style on plain white china.
Very strange meme, but I do like it!

Daisy said...

Oh dear! That meme sucks. I'm glad I'm not popular enough to receive such shit!! I enjoy reading your answers though!lol.Very funny!

fiona said...

oh god i like you even more now!a house after my own heart!ah donna i'd need to see a photo before i commit to anything!

jorth said...

Can you describe your flashlight?
Yes.


Wooohooohooo, two hours after initially reading this, I'm still chuckling!

fifi said...

oh, and by the way,

for the first time in my blogging LOIFE

I just said "snap" when I read your profile ie books and movies....except you left out "3 colours(red)"

hey, how bout that.

h&b said...

Hmmm - I must have missed the flashlight question.

I think the oddity of this one appealed to me. Watermelons, bibles, pickles and smells .. what's not to like ?

Garden girl said...

vacuuming walls? It's all I can manage to do the floors.Must be going wrong somewhere...love your answers, made me smile.

Amy said...

Thank you for making me laugh!