13 April 2008

Naming colourways is easier than blog posts

'Plum Trees'

This one has been dubbed 'Plum Trees'.

'Plum Trees'

It's 100g of wool/mohair blend, thrown in the dyepot as an afterthought when I finished dyeing some gorgeous chunky yarn for a client. A client! I know! (Photos of that yarn to come).

Dyeing lesson learnt - mohair sucks up dye like nobody's business, wow. The camera is doing its usual thing of highlighting the pinks. In reality the pink is more plummy, and the green features more heavily.

Unsure whether to put up this one for sale or hoard it for my own self as the colour combination is one of my very favourites. Oh, and the etsy shop is up, although not yet running. Stay tuned.

12 comments:

Ex-Shammickite said...

Gorgeous colour combo!
How much yarn can you dye at one go?

Katy said...

You should keep it for you! Its very pretty.

Badger said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love that color combo, too. I have it in a froofy novelty yarn -- plums, olives and a bit of gold -- but I can't remember what they called it. Must do a scarflette from it soon.

Frogdancer said...

I'd be interested to know how the whole Etsy thing goes. I'm wondering whether to do the same thing myself. I have all these baby hats kicking around, and my sister hasn't picked them up yet to sell them. Good luck with it... your stuff is gorgeous so you should do very well.

tut-tut said...

You have some great color sense! I bet your etsy shop will rock. The founder appeared on Martha Stewart; he's very young and cute.

MsCellania said...

I'd keep that color for myself.
In fact, I'd like a bedroom done up in those tones.
Make sure to put a link for your Etsy shop.

katiecrackernuts said...

It's absolutely delicious and I can't wait to see the colours of your client's yarn. Yum.

tamara said...

Such yummy yarn colours! And great name, too. I'll join in the chorus of 'keep it! Keep it!'
...am off to search for you on etsy.

Eleanor said...

That is the most beautiful afterthought I have ever seen!

fifi said...

Those beautiful colours are soooo delicious. I like the sharper pink.

What are you going to make with them?
They make such nice objects unknitted.
This has made me wish to rush off and paint, but its nearly 11pm....

Bec said...

Oh yum - what gorgeous yarn. I don't think I'd be parting with it easily. Can't wait for your shop to open. I have finally stopped being a knitting voyeur, and have become a participant (now finishing my second ever knitted object - a scarf). So now I can actually justify buying these tactile balls of goodness :P

meggie said...

Scrumptious! Just seems to fit the colours. I am sure if one could eat colours, that is what these would taste like!