17 July 2008

miscellania and sock yarn sale

Narcissus

Still don't have much to say, so here's some yarn to keep the blog warm.

This little beauty is a 100g skein of sock yarn, hand dyed by yours truly with gut rot I mean, Kool Aid. It's quite colourfast, is rather soft and squishy, and because etsy is down right now and won't let me list items, I'm offering it for sale here. Leave a comment if you wish to purchase it. $20, plus postage depending on where you are. There is enough in this skein for a pair of adult socks, or baby socks plus hat. The colourway is 'Narcissus' and I don't care that it's not actually Spring anywhere in the world right now, it may well be by the time this is knitted up. SOLD!

What else? Let's see ...

I thought yesterday how handy it is working at a university. I had decided I wanted to read Helen Garner's new book The Spare Room so put it on hold at my local library, only to find I was number 80 on the holds list. So yesterday at work I took a brief break from the scintillating kind of work I do and trotted along the corridor (and around the corner and along the next hall and down a flight of stairs and across an external walkway and up another flight of stairs don't you love campuses that have been added to over and over throughout the years and let's not even talk about sympathetic architectural styles) and plucked it off the shelf, all brand new and never before opened. (Because students don't read, clearly).

Love it.

I had my hair cut and coloured today. Blonde. Bobbed. Well, kind of, in both cases. (More blonde highlights to break up the grey and apparently 'bobbed' like Posh Spice although I'll have to take that as read as I wouldn't have a clue). (I am married to a soccer player too however, so it's appropriate I spose).

I pick up my new glasses next week, and hopefully my new car within the next month. I will be a new woman. Watch the tea towels fly.

And now I must run. Tomorrow morning I have a crack o'dawn meeting on the other side of town, followed by a full day of work followed immediately by a long drive Up The Country (singing the Not Drowning Waving song all the way) to the Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show and a weekend of crafting and knitting with the regular craft retreat gang. To this end, I must now bake a cake, make a batch of Nigella's muesli bars, raid the wine rack, pack, pack up the car and download the tax office's new software (unrelated, but necessary).

Adieu.

Don't forget, Narcissus for sale! I'll post on Monday, if anyone buys it. SOLD!

18 comments:

highwaycottage said...

I would love the yarn :-) Can you email me about it? highwaycottage@paradise.net.nz

Jodie said...

and I will be thinking of you on your weekend as I sew infinate numbers of stage curtains, and listen to kids sing, and hot-glue gun everything within an inch of its life. I hope you have a total ball.

bluemountainsmary said...

I think that weekend is just what you need -

sueeeus said...

! A new do, a new car, and new glasses! Woot! That all sounds very exciting to me. I hope the upcoming weekend is just what the doctor ordered and does you a world of good. :)

BabelBabe said...

i want photos of the new hair!

and have a relaxing weekend, dear one.

Joke said...

Still not liking the subtext. Thought you ought to know that, in case the blog is under warranty or something.

-J.

tut-tut said...

new glasses always give me a jolt!

Sinda said...

thinking good thoughts for you...hope your world brightens soon.

Frogdancer said...

(I'm with Joke.)

My sister has the same hair do as you. It's lovely, except when it's windy. Then all the long bits fly around and make her look like an Old English Sheepdog. So maybe wear a fetching beret or beanie on those days....

Say hi to everyone for me!!!

katiecrackernuts said...

I get a kick out of picking up my new glasses. I like this pair, but was talked into the "smudge-free" coating. Bah. Hardly. More like smudgey coating. I have actually, and feel awful about it, tip-toed in to the optometrist to eeek, complain. Eeek. They were lovely and have offered to replace the lenses, but it seems too much. Too much I tell you. Sadly, I can't live with the smudges and scratches for much longer and will have to go back, I think, red faced and apologetic for not being able to just constantly clean them. Enjoy what sounds like a lush weekend.

Carson said...

Have a great weekend!

elena jane said...

a colour and cut always make me feel happier...
hope you get your specs sorted out!
have a good one :)

Linnea said...

I'm glad you like your hair cut! It's amazing how good a new haircut can make you feel. I've been growing mine long for about 3 years. The last time I cut it, I chopped off 15 inches to donate it. Maybe I'll do that again... eventually! How were those muesli bars? That sounds really good! Have a wonderful weekend.
xox,
Linnea

amy said...

Do we get to see a picture of your new do?

Claire F said...

I'm heartened to know that Uni Students still don't read, too busy getting drunk and bonking (I would hope!!)

peppermintpatcher said...

Everyone knows that if it isn't on the exam you don't have to read it!

Love the colourway - beautiful.

Betsy said...

Students don't have time to read..

crafty said...

You just sound so busy and tired.

The yarn is lovely, is gut rot better to use then plain old food dye? Have you had much success with colour fastness?