11 August 2008

in which we discuss the burning questions

RW asked (quite politely) with what kind of shoes I would wear my new socks.

Well.

I wear them with my slippers,

with felt [fake] Birkies

my mary janes,

with black mary janes

and my boots.

with boots

Which need polishing.

I would have showed you my entire shoe collection but I had a chocolate cake in the oven on the brink of burndom, and I think I've used up enough of my Flickr bandwidth allowance for the month with pictures of my feet. RW, I hope this answers your question.

Tomorrow we shall tackle ... the ethics of countries who have mandatory detention for incoming refugees, or the death penalty for criminals, denouncing other countries for their human rights records. And I shall polish my boots.

edit: one should still protest. but one might also wish to protest against the death penalty as it still exists in several countries around the world. and one notes that mandatory detention for refugees ceased to be a policy in Australia as of last week about bloody time.

17 comments:

Emma said...

I'll be back tomorrow for the debate. I have some strong opinions on that topic, and refuse to discuss them on my own blog.

The socks are gorgeous, especially with mary janes. I think I need a pair of mary janes. And hand knitted socks.

peppermintpatcher said...

Feet as well socked as yours should always be photographed!

Stomper Girl said...

Thank goodness, someone with even daggier slippers than me. However posh the socks are.

little red hen said...

Love the socks and the mary janes. I'm definitely going to give socks a go one day soon!

M said...

The other burning issue is just how connected you must feel to those socks having spent many a lunch-hour and school gate minute knitting them. The connectedness cannot be under-rated or under-discussed.

I hope your shoes appreciate them.

Eleanor said...

RW asks the best questions in comment boxes!

P.S. The strawberry banner is poetic in a cheeky, funny way. I love it.

blackbird said...

Wait! I want to know what you are wearing with your unpolished boots and beautiful new socks.
Is it a dark blue sweater that reaches your ankles?

Janet said...

all your new shoe and sock combinations are very fetching m'dear... and I think your slippers are very cool too.

herhimnbryn said...

I feel we should all for-gather( to use a Joyce Grenfell type word), don our slippers and discuss world issues............or maybe I could just steal your slippers!

RW said...

Oh. Yes. Mary Janes are very good. I have a few pairs but I particularly love the boots. They remind me very much of a pair I had in university and I have been thinking about searching for another pair....I will do so promptly.

String Bean said...

I love your Mary Janes. Those socks are hot!

tut-tut said...

Boot polishing is a very underrated activity . . .

Angie said...

everywhere I go I'm seeing hand knitted socks, enough to make a knit deficient girl weep! They are lovely though, and obviously fit for all occasions!

katiecrackernuts said...

I do get a feeling of great satisfaction when I polish my boots - while, of course, discussing ... the ethics of countries who have mandatory detention for incoming refugees, the death penalty for criminals, and denouncing other countries for their human rights records.

Shammickite said...

I was wondering the same thing.
They look splendid.

Carson said...

Top post!
Thanks for putting a smile on my dial :)
Next time I'm in Melbourne (which I'm hoping is sooner rather than later) we absolutely must meet up.

Thimbleanna said...

Your socks are beautiful! And those slippers -- they're adorable. Did you make them? They're the perfect color for all colors of socks!