15 August 2008

the tmi meme

because it's Friday night and I've seen this meme four times today ...

Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: dirty blonde/grey
--Dyed or Natural: "highlighted"
--Curly or Straight: Mostly straight but with enough kink to be really really annoying
Right- or Left-handed: Right
Tan or Pale: um ... pale I think
Jeans or Khakis: No thank you
Country, Rap, or Rock: Rock (is that the extent of the choices? Haven't you people heard of blues, jazz, Carole King or classical?)
Heritage: English and Welsh
Shoes you're wearing today: brown Italian leather boots from the op shop (score!)
Your weakness(es): Yarn, linen, op shopping, Alan Rickman, blogging, staying up later than is good for me
Your perfect pizza: Margherita
Favorite color: Duck egg blue
Favorite place: Quite fond of Venice
Goal you'd like to achieve: Finishing my degree with the rest of my life intact
Your most overused phrase(s): Have a happy day!/Did you have a happy day?
Your thoughts first waking up: What will the view be today when I open the curtains? (see below)
Your best physical feature(s): My finely turned ankles. (ha. I don't know. My hands? Although they're looking old these days.)
Your bedtime: Should be 10.30pm. Rarely adhered to.
Your most missed memory: My PopPop
Pepsi or Coke: Coke, about once a year
McDonald's or Burger King: McDonalds. Once a year. Wait! Do we even HAVE Burger King in Australia?  Is Hungry Jacks actually Burger King? Please advise.
Single or group dates: Both
Adidas or Nike: Nope
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Iced tea is just plain wrong and I have no idea what Nestea is.
Chocolate or vanilla: vanilla
Cappuccino or coffee: Nope

DO YOU:
Smoke: Nope
Cuss: Yes
Have a boyfriend/girlfriend: No, I'm married, sweetheart
Take a shower: Most days
Have a crush(es):  Alan Rickman. Oh and John Hannah.  Cate Blanchett. Sean Kelly.
Think you've been in love: Yes
Want to get married: Done thank you
Believe in yourself: Yes
Believe in God: No
Believe in your government: Believe in them? Well, they exist. They're doing ok so far ... ticked off a few things
Get motion sickness: Oh god yes
Think you're attractive: some days I can look in the mirror and think yeah I'll do
Think you're a health freak: No
Get along with your parents: Yep
Like thunderstorms: I like the rain and lightning, but the wind makes me nervous (gum trees falling on the house etc)

IN THE PAST MONTH, HAVE YOU:
Drunk alcohol
: Yes
Gone on a date: No
Gone to the mall: No
Been on stage: No
Eaten an entire box of Oreos: God no, I've never eaten an Oreo, they look hideous
Eaten sushi: Yes (on Tuesday)
Been dumped: No
Gone skating: No
Gone skinny dipping:  It's WINTER, people.
Stolen anything: Nope
(clearly a slow month 'round here)

HAVE YOU EVER:
Played a game that required removal of clothing
: I don't believe so ...
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: "Extremely"? Once. Lesson learnt.
Been caught "doing something": Yes.  Twice, ok?
Been called a tease:   Um, not to my knowledge
Gotten beaten up: Heavens no
Age you hope to be married: From now on 
Number of children you'd like: Three (a fourth would've been nice but oh, who am I kidding, I'm over it)
Describe your dream wedding: The one without the drunken uncle.
What do you want to be when you grow up: Old. And continent.

WHAT YOU LIKE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX:
Best eye color?
: I'm not that shallow.
Best hair color?:  I'm really not that shallow.
Short or long hair: Look ... oh okay.  Short I suppose if I really think about it. But some men look sensational with long hair so it depends.
Height: See above re shallowness.
Best first date location: A not too swank restaurant, with truly fabulous food and excellent (ie. flattering) lighting.
Best first kiss location: Atop a mountain in the crisp night air, stars sparkling and the snow crunching underfoot.

IN THE NUMBERS:
Number of people I could trust with my life:
Four?
Number of CD's: No idea but lots. Also lots of cassettes and old records.
Number of piercings: Two (one in each ear)
Number of tattoos: None
Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Twice I think. Once because (newsflash!) I was overseas, and once because (hold the presses!) I had just returned from overseas.
Number of scars on my body:  Two (one of which holds sentimental memories)

August morning

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That was really interesting...I'm still chuckling to myself about the old, but continent answer...what a pisser!

Badger said...

Yes, the "continent" comment gave me a bark of laughter. And Carole King IS her own musical genre, it's true.

M said...

I think continent is an excellent answer. I want to be rich, continent and coherent. Rich is important - I've seen how old people are treated in those homes.

Donna said...

Nestea is a sort of tea flavored powder, you stir it into water to make iced tea. I like iced tea, but I find nestea disgusting.

Lesley said...

Quite fancy still having my teeth when I grow up. Denture and nappy-free! Imagine being a little meandering of mind as a senior person, ending up in a 'home', and having other people look after your false teeth for you. No thanks.
Oh what a view you wake up to — you lucky so and so!

Anonymous said...

My mother worked in the geriatric ward in a small hospital as a "temp" for a while . The false teeth were all collected every night at lights-out and put in an old shoe box . The next day they were handed out ....completely randomly . It makes growing old sound such fun ....mind you , the alternative doesn't sound too good either .!

herhimnbryn said...

What part of Wales, my Lovely?;)

peppermintpatcher said...

We have lived parellel lives. Except that I drink diet coke more than once per year - hence the staying up past bedtime.

nova_j said...

another parallel life here, i think i answered 48-49 of them the same!

but yes hungry jacks is burger king, the name was already taken in some states..

Suse said...

Porthcawl, Wales.

TEA FLAVOURED POWDER?! I feel quite faint.

And Anonymous' story of the teeth in a shoe box and handed out randomly is NOT helping.

(I liked Badger's answer to best first kiss location: on the lips)

Isabelle said...

You sound really nice. And interesting and funny and stuff - but I knew that already.

Tea has to be hot and made from tea leaves (in a bag is ok). Not powder. In my opinion.

Stacey said...

Alan Rickman? Oh yes, me too! I think its the voice.
At first I thought you wrote "content' and I thought, good answer. Re-reading showed it to be "continent". Even better!

h+b said...

Describe your dream wedding: The one without the drunken uncle.

He came to your wedding too ? What an asshat :(