29 November 2008

beauty from the interwebs, #587

felted acorns

Are these not exquisite? They're from Aux Petits Oiseaux over at Etsy. My little acorn obsession wouldn't let me leave them in the shop all lonely-like.

Speaking of acorns, I promise I will write out the knitted acorn pattern very soon. I get so many requests for it, and I do mean to share it, but I need to knit it first and make sure my scrawled notes make sense. In the meantime I've discovered Nicky Epstein also has a patten for knitting an acorn that you could use. However hers is knitted flat and then sewn up, while mine is knitted in the round because, you know, I.hate.sewing.up.

Also, a big welcome to readers of Yarnstorm! I am so flattered to be among one of the Ten Beautiful Blogs voted by one of the most beautiful blogs ever. Thank you Jane.

11 comments:

tut-tut said...

Yes, congrats on your Yarnstorm vote! And I like this banner very much . . .

Victoria said...

I think it's so great you're on that list - your very australian (in my opinion) photos are very beautiful. Loved the Cate B. story..
So, I have been thinking about your suggestion that those word verification things have become "words" and it's so true - they are all pronouncible these days.

Joke said...

They are exquisite. What these exquisite items might be, though, escapes my Y-chromosome addled mind, but that's irrelevant.

What I didn't know was that you had an acorn obsession. (I thought it was strawberries, but that might be my Y chromosome, again.)

I swear I had a point...

-J.

P.S. It IS a beautiful blog, now that I come to think of it.

leslie said...

ooooooh, you're famous!

Isabelle said...

Well-deservedly famous, too. Does this make me slightly famous by association, since I'm your Gorgonzola woman?

Cute acorns but not quite as cute as yours. I might - just possibly -manage to knit one if you write the pattern in words of one syllable. Though it's more likely that my daughter might. I'm not famous for my knitting.

Eleanor said...

So many requests for the knitted acorn pattern? You mean I'm not the only one sending you daily emails nagging and nagging for the pattern? And PLEASE...sewing up is truly truly hateful, I shall simply not rest until your knitted-in-the-round pattern is posted.

P.S I am certain that if Ms. Blanchett ever requested your acorn pattern it would appear IMMEDIATELY. Hmph.

herhimnbryn said...

CONGRATULATIONS Soup Lady.

blandina said...

I was so thrilled to discover your blog and I will take the time to go to the archives.
Good job, you are keeping me happy!
Blandina from Florence, Italy

Lynne said...

Those are gorgeous, and I am definitely going to check out that Etsy shop - they look great on that grey linen cloth too.

Gina said...

Congratulations on the Yarnstorm vote... what a wonderful recommendation! Love those acorns!

Heather said...

Lovely little felted acorns. I seem to be having a bit of an acorn obsession lately. There are bowls of acorns around my house, I added an acorn as a button to a tote I was making, fell in love with an acorn/cranberry garland and just now decided that I must make those felted acorns.