Nicked from Knitters-Knitters.
Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. Duh.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii. I sat in the airport for an hour and gazed blearily and jetlaggedly at some palm trees. I reckon that counts.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Nup. I give what I can afford.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. (Disneyland, 1982)
8. Climbed a mountain. Lived on a couple for the winter - Mt Baw Baw, and Falls Creek.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. All the time, every day (car, shower, you name it).
11. Bungee jumped. No freakin' way.
12. Visited Paris. March 1986.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. In Queensland one New Year's Eve, up high in the hills overlooking the Gold Coast and water. Spectacular.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Photography??
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. As Jen (who has adopted children) said, why is this question immediately following the one pertaining to adopted children?
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (Where else would one see her, pray tell?)
20. Slept on an overnight train. Across the Nullabor to Perth, also once in Spain and possibly also in Italy I think.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. Around England, into Scotland, and later in the north of France. The further south we went in France the dodgier it became and we ceased before we were found dead and interfered with in a ditch, and bought Eurail tickets. See item 20.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb. Aawwww ... no.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. Oh you must be joking.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Ridden the water taxis in Venice though. And looked longingly at the gondolas. Does that count?
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. Softball match in Year 8 PE class. Never to be repeated.
32. Been on a cruise. Does not appeal in the slightest.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language. Not taught myself, but have been taught French.
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. What kind of a question is that? Sheesh.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing. Just recently for the first time ever! With my boys and Sandra and her boy.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. Again with the you've got to be kidding bit.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. I don't know what this is but it sounds cool.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. Uh, can't say I have.
44. Visited Africa. Nearly, so very nearly. We had the itinerary planned (Zanzibar, and a game park in Tanzania) and the money saved and then I fell pregnant and it was all OFF.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (Actually yes! I was in utero and Mum's labour was frighteningly quick. It was a Sunday afternoon in London, 1964).
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person. I got a sore neck.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I've stood underneath it, but I was a penniless backpacker (see item 22) and we satisfied ourselves with looking at it rather than conquering it. We did see Paris from the top of Notre Dame though, so I figure the view is similar.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. Queensland and Fiji.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie. No but I've been in several tv ads.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. Uh, no. And we refer to them as biscuits anyway.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. (Gotten? What a word! How about Received? Anyway, yes, the mister brings home the occasional bunch for "no reason", or so he claims).
64. Donated blood. (just.can't.do.the.blood.thing)
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. Flown in a helicopter. No, but my cousin has and she told me about it in great detail.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. I still have Teddy, my dollshouse, Pollyanna and many, many books.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar (why does caviar have a capital letter here?)
72. Pieced a quilt. One day I'll cut up all that fabric, I swear.
73. Stood in Times Square. One day I'll visit New York, I swear.
74. Toured the Everglades. I doubt that I'll ever get to Florida though. Sorry Joke.
75. Been fired from a job. Sad but true.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. See item 8.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. But I've edited three.
81. Visited the Vatican. see sistine chapel, sore neck, etc.
82. Bought a brand new car. (Leased a brand new car).
83. Walked in Jerusalem. One day! I swear!
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life. When he was 2 and a half, Son #1 silently and without thrashing or panicking, sank to the bottom of a pool when I was right beside him in the water. The speed and silence of it terrified me and made me realise how frighteningly easy it is for very small children to drown. I reached down and hauled him up within seconds, but the terror and dread stayed with us for years.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. Me and Cate, we're like this. Also, I played Noelene Browne's daughter in those Vesta ads in the 1970s. See 55.
92. Joined a book club. Started a book club no less. We've been going 4 years now.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. Thrice.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. I won an equal opportunity case once, but not really a full on law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone. I do own a mobile phone, as we call 'em. I've even been known to send a text or two overseas.
99. Been stung by a bee.