22 March 2009

Roy G Biv : orange

mobile phone cosy

A little cosy for my mobile phone.

I dropped my phone the other day and as I put the pieces back together I mused that I ought to have one of those little cushioned covers for it. Being a lazy crafter brilliant recycler I snipped off the cuff from the sleeve of an old jumper I'd bought from the op shop and attempted to felt. (The felting failed miserably). Sewed up the bottom and voila!

And in orange too, just in time for the next instalment of The Rainbow.

I slipped in my phone, whirled around to show it off to the dog (the nearest person to show off to) and my phone flew across the room like wet soap and smashed again. Drat, it needed some sort of closure. A button and elastic loop I thought, cleverly.

mobile phone cosy

I got as far as the button. Until I get around to making the loop I'm just being very careful to not move too fast. Or show off.

In other news, I'm having fun over at Twitter. Care to join me?

15 comments:

Ali said...

It's very beautiful. I might have to copy, I need something for my phone!

docwitch said...

If I'm not chucking my phone on the floor, I'm losing it every other day.

That's a very pretty cosy. I like the stripeys. Good idea. I might give it a try. Now, if I could just find my wretched phone...

trashalou said...

lol at your phone flying across the room. Did the dog race to eat it? This is what would happen in my house with the dreaded ddemon puppy.

My phone holder is a hand-knitted alpaca one from a collective in Bolivia. I love it not just for its unbelievable softness but also the fact that it has a kangaroo head and arms!

tut-tut said...

Cute! I-cord to the rescue.

Anonymous said...

I love it, great colours :-)
And of course, when you choose Nokia, you can actually drop it/wash it in the tub (I've done it twise :-) many times and it still works !!!!!

Jen said...

Adorable candy corn phone holder! I don't know what Twitter is, but I've assumed it involves text messaging, which my phone doesn't do. Is it basically like facebook, but with your cellphone?

lisette said...

i haven't got around to putting a butotn on mine yet - which is why the screen is cracked :(

btw have a blog award for you over on my blog - feel free not to play ;)

crafty said...

That is much nicer than the one I crocheted out of brown mohair, which a friend nicknamed my poo.

crafty said...

Re twitter: I'm torn between deeply suspicious, and feeling left out of the loop.....

Eleanor said...

Oh look!! It's my name!! You know... I called you this afternoon from Duyvken's car on our way back from visiting Mary in the mountains. I had to leave you a message. I like the thought of my little phone call ring ring ringing inside that cute orange case of yours.

The Antidote said...

I am buying my husband an iphone for his birthday and had planned knitting a cover similar to this. Had not thought of the button thing though - will definately be adding one of these now x

Liz said...

suse, that is adorable.

Surfing Free said...

Very cute - as fuzzy orange always is :)

shula said...

I'm with tut-tut.

And I'm also on twitter as poppalina. But I don't really understand it at all. I mean, there's no quizzes or ANYTHING.

homemade said...

ultimate recycling.
X