4 May 2009

Dreaming of another craft weekend because August is too far away. Maybe June?

1 May : bread dough rising by the fire

I just wrote a grumpy whiny boring post about headaches and Lincraft (closing down) and tinned soup and cancelled spinning group.

by the front door

And then, luckily for you, I deleted it and uploaded some photos instead. We will focus on the shiny happy we will.

after the wind and rain

Soccer season has begun again (wait, is that good?) and the younger two and the husband are all playing on Saturdays and Sundays, leaving the fifteen year old and I to our own devices. This weekend that included his violin concert which went brilliantly and he was the absolute star of the show. I even managed to not cry which was a first. There are two 3 minute videos of his performance over on facebook, but flickr wouldn't let me upload them there (so therefore also not here). He's tinny and flat-sounding anyway on the video (which he most certainly was not in real life) so it's probably good that most of you can't hear them. I mused about uploading them to YouTube but he put his foot down. His friends might see them you know, and Bach's violin concerto in A minor (1st movement) would spoil his rock n roll image. On facebook, only mum's middle aged friends can see. Heh.

19 April : wrap

On another note, some of you might have noticed over there on my sidebar a Red Bubble banner. I've uploaded a few of my photos there and they are available for purchase as greeting cards. I am ridiculously excited about this, although I have no idea whether anyone will buy them. Apart from me, that is. And I will certainly be making a couple of 2010 calendars for sale later in the year - some private family ones, one of a selection of my better photographs for public consumption, and maybeperhapspossibly a collaborative one with a couple of fellow bloggers. Exciting.

14 April : golden

Also in the exciting department, only one week on, I am 70% done on my shawl. Unbelievable. This is about the stage when I usually abandon a project so stand by ...

pear

ps. If anyone has a favourite photo here on the blog or on my flickr stream that they would like to see offered as a card, please let me know and I can include it in the Red Bubble collection.

4 May : shawl progress

31 comments:

Blossom said...

of course you ridiculously excited about!!!Who wouldn't be??

hugs for the following.:
headaches, Lincraft,tinned soup and cancelled spinning group
bugga bugga BUGGA

hugs hugs hugs.
(can you tell my painkillers have kicked in??I am feeling all warm and fuzzy.

MORE HUGS!!!!

Stomper Girl said...

Speaking as a middle-aged friend of his mother, I will be popping over to watch said vid.

I have the same bread-making bowl as you.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Yes , being able to delete the bleugh from one's life would be handy .....I'd love to be able to delete any ratty responses I might make at the end of a long day! And congratulations on your cards . This lovely knitting photo would be perfect !

Janet said...

But wouldn't June be too soon? no she says of course not! I dream of spending a week in that studio. However there is real life to consider.

Is Lincraft really closed?

Anonymous said...

Which lincraft suze??? I know the one @ the Nunawading Home Centre on Whitehorse road is still open...I know the one @ Eastlands went... I had heard that they were in trouble... sharon (beyond the blank page- box hill)

Jo Windmill said...

Love the pear pic...shiny and happy...and red!

Annie said...

Lovely photographs

Jean said...

The photos were lovely and cheery to me (I needed a lift this morning). Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely photos as usual.
Very good idea to sell them as cards.
I am (as usual) very jealous of these craft weekends, wonky or not. if only they weren't on the other end of the world...

Isabelle said...

Well, that wasn't an easy piece your son was playing, was it? (and I speak as a person who used to play the violin but stopped because it's frankly too easy to make horrid noises). I'm impressed even by the early-rehearsal version.

And indeed everything in Soupworld.

BabelBabe said...

1) ah, soccer. In the rain. I am already dreading practice tonight.

2) cannot wait to see photos of shawl, as I am contemplating starting one for ME. since all knitting has been for other people...and I need a shawl? Um, sure.

3) I have that cozy photo of your lounge chair and books on my bedroom wall. it's perfect. as will be the rest of your stuff. so way to go!

xxx

pam@gingerbreadsnowflakes.com said...

I totally love the photos of the bread rising by the stove and the shoes in the basket.

fifi said...

I thought I was off the hook regarding soccer, but to my horror, Rugby Union entered the picture.
sigh. Oh for a violinist....

Rachel said...

I'll tell the cat about her favourite musician's success. She'll be disappointed about the video though.

Apple Flower Tea said...

I love the fire with the bread rising, up top. Someone in our steiner playgroup also has that bowl and now that I'm doing the bread each week I covet them... All my bowls are lovingly handmade by my grandparents, but too small. I also think the knitting one would be ideal calendar fodder... and the pear and perhaps some of those autumn leaf ones below.

Actually, you could quit your day job for sure. Do you have a digital SLR?

froginthepond said...

RedBubble is exciting stuff, so must pop over and have a look.

Not crying during a child's music performance is also exciting, and something to which I aspire.

My mum has that bowl and she uses for making the Christmas plum puddings. i've already baggsed it when she dies. In a nice way, of course.

wv is preanti, which I find a very curious notion.

Jen said...

I'd totally buy greeting cards with the purple knitting picture you posted on April 8th (the first photo in the post). Love that one!
Jen

Stephanie said...

Saw a post below where you mention Kate Atkinson's first Jackson Brodie book. There are 2 more out! I'm reading the 3rd right now (When Will There Be Good News) and it's by far the best of the three. You must indulge in the next two books.

Duyvken said...

Dear stage mother, I feel your soccer season pain (why did I volunteer to coach J's U6 team when I have 2 younger ones to cart around with me and an older one who is also playing?!!) and your photos are beautiful. My favourites are the parcel wrapped in string and the lonely pear.
Good luck with your Red Bubble adventures!

Melanie said...

What a great idea for cards. You had some lovely shots by the sea last Summer that I would love to buy if they were in a card. Lincraft has always been a disappointment to me and I was not sorry when the Eastland one closed down as it was always out of stock of craft and habby as it gave too much floorspace to towels and bath bombs. Melbourne has some great yarn shops, but I haven't yet found any really good fabric or haberdashery shops.

meggie said...

Oh YUM I sure did enjoy the shiny not the whiny!

Not that there is anything wrong with whiny....

crafty said...

Oooh yes, I listened to the violin playing, I have always loved the violin, and mean to learn one day, he is a lucky boy, and clever, and gorgeous. and 15!!!! Yikes!

Spinning group? sounds good.

eurolush said...

I'll be making a visit to Red Bubble very soon.

di said...

Just found your blog. Lovely photos. Soccer isn't too bad...just hope they don't get into rowing! 4.30am starts are tough!

leslie said...

i'm dreaming of sewjourn, too... and not going again until NOVEMBER at this point! was hoping to go in july but waited too long to book, it's a popular spot : ) if you decide to snap up that long weekend and have an extra spot, you know who to call...

Jenny said...

ran across your blog while i was surfin' around some others. and you have some great content here. there's lots to check out and i'm really enjoying my stay. i'd like to invite you for a pop on over to my blog if you'd like. i'd love to have you. :) i've subscribed to your feed so i'll be coming back for sure.

M said...

Did I read right that Stomper is claiming to be a middle-aged mother? I laugh.

Your photos are truly lovely so I hope many a greeting card are bought.

Our soccer season started this saturday. 7.40am start on an oval next to the harbour with early morning wind whipping its way through my many layers of clothes. Sigh.

daintee said...

I am lapping up that gorgeous, slanted sunshine from your photos. Thanks for sharing! :)

Lisa (lovelydaintee.blogspot.com)

victoria said...

Very impressed with the Red Bubble shop. I particularly love your eggs picture and also the sheds.

jenny said...

OOOHH, now I have put two and two together and connected Suse to Pea soup of the lovely Irish hiking scarf pattern. I got that from you a year or so back and have knitted two for myself and three others as gifts. You have kept a lot of necks warm, thanks!

Alby Mangroves said...

Feeling very daunted by the quality of crafty hands at Sewjourn frankly. But I'm going anyway, red face or not.