2 October 2009

alone with the littlest crouton

afternoon tea

I'm thinking if I do the Blogtoberfest thing, it might get me back into the habit of blogging. Shame yesterday's post was so long, I could have turned it into five separate posts probably. Anyway, we'll see how I go. My track record with these things isn't so hot, actually.

It's been a quiet but lovely couple of days with my littlest fella. The older two are away and the mister has been at work so it's just been Son #3 and I, pottering, chatting, reading, taking trips to the library and the Pancake Parlour. He's good company, more so when he doesn't have his brothers around. Of all our boys, he's been a mummy's boy right from the start.

My cuddly, loving, freckle-faced apple eater.

Ok, let's see if I can do three days in a row. See you tomorrow.


13 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't it a treat to have one child all on his own! Nice for him, too. I so enjoy your blog.

Stomper Girl said...

Glad to hear you didn't spend all morning slothing round in pyjamas then! I love a bit of one-on-one time with the chillun, and I think they love it too. And I like your freckle-faced apple-eater a lot.

Frogdancer said...

There must be something about youngest sons...

Mine is an absolute delight, too.

India Daisy said...

You are a very talented lady and i love your blog, and your knitting, i only wish i could knit like you, all i can do is 1 straight 1 purl, LOL!
xoxo

Sherrin said...

Lovely post, and gorgeous photo. A bit of special one on one time with the lads can be good. (I'm mum to 3 boys as well)

Badger said...

Those are the cleanest, most well-groomed boy hands I've ever seen in my life. I mean that as a compliment to you, of course.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

2 down , 29 to go ! I look forward to it .
One child at a time is special . But , when they've all left home ( violins ) , it's fabulous to have them all together again , under one roof , however briefly .

Janet said...

yes, yes, please do the blogtoberfest with me - it'll be fun, really! waves with excitment!!!

BabelBabe said...

did you MEAN to recreate the Twilight cover? : )

Jen said...

I like what you've done with the place. Narrowing down to a few favorites of the month instead of having a super long blogroll makes it much more likely that I'll click on them.

lmrb said...

Bravo, five posts in one - I like that. You are writing with honesty and not shelving anything for later. That's as it should be in the blog world. And this message is quieter - a lovely picture of one of your sons.

matty said...

Off topic.... Came to your blog via homespunliving blog.... and have knit your darling acorn... I am going nuts now... even my dh is fascinated! Lovely lovely lovely!

Mookah said...

It's only Day 3 and I'm already struggling to keep up! Too much to do. See you tomorrow.