20 October 2009

Blogtober 20: running out of post titles

custom dye job for sheepsclothing

Over the last couple of weekends I squeezed in another custom dye job for Stacey at Sheeps Clothing.

custom dye job for sheepsclothing

I can't wait to see what she does with it.

And a few more answers:
White chocolate Tim Tams? I've not noticed those on the supermarket shelves! I imagine they would only be good in small doses though. (Four biscuits in one sitting rather than seven). (KIDDING).

The shoes? From Colorado, purchased in March of this year so you might still be able to get them. They were my birthday present from the mister. Actually they weren't - he originally bought me a pair of totally hideous unsuitable sandals so I returned them and got these. Also the shop was having a buy one item and get the second item half price so I came home with a black merino-cashmere jumper too. Oops.

Oh and the baby girl names? I was reminded by Kim, another blogger who also never got to utilise her girlchild names, that Matilda was on my list also, with Tilly for short. And that in turn reminded me that a name I really really loved for a girl was Milly. However, combined with the surname that my husband and children have, it sounds like a medication, or a little fairy creature that might live at the bottom of your garden. So, that was out. The couple of you who know my childrens' surname (it's different to mine, yes to both parts of my hyphenated surname) will be chuckling at that and the rest of you will just have to scroll back to the top of the post and enjoy the yarn.

Sorry.

9 comments:

Badger said...

When I saw your shoes were from Colorado, I was all, "WAIT A MINUTE. Suse was in the US earlier this year?! How did I manage to hit my head on a rock and miss THAT?!"

But you meant something else. Heh.

Tania said...

I have a third kid with one of those girlchild names. It was a condition of the pregnancy. Luckily we didn't have a boy.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Your surname is Molly-Mandy ? Impressive .

Jen said...

It never occurred to me before that I don't know your last name. Huh. It was probably on the return addy of that yarn package, but I never thought to make note of it.

freefalling said...

I bought a packet of white tim tams yesterday.
I only managed 3 in a row.
Amateur.

Kate said...

OOoh, I like Matilda. I tend to like ridiculously old fashioned girl's names. Like Lavendar. Although I have been reminded that I said that if Pixar ever made a movei with a female lead, I'd name my firstborn after them. After Pixar, that is, not the female lead which apparently is happening in the next few years. Pixie for short, anyone? Remind me not to breed...

Kate said...

OOoh, I like Matilda. I tend to like ridiculously old fashioned girl's names. Like Lavendar. Although I have been reminded that I said that if Pixar ever made a movei with a female lead, I'd name my firstborn after them. After Pixar, that is, not the female lead which apparently is happening in the next few years. Pixie for short, anyone? Remind me not to breed...

Janet said...

Matilda was high on my list too. Along with Alice.

You mean they make white tim tams! Mmmm.

frog said...

A condition of our marriage was using the boy's name I'd picked some years earlier. Not that I plan ahead or anything...

When it came to the second pregnancy there was actually a conversation about names for both genders. The girl's name was very easily settled (Niamh) but not for love nor money could we decide on a boy's name. I airily declared we were having a girl and didn't put a great deal of effort in once the list was down to four.

And those names were still stuck up on the fridge when we brought Niamh home!