7 October 2009

spring into ... autumn?

Let's break it up with a little hand dyed goodness.

Leaf Litter

Because really, this posting every day is a bit wearing, isn't it?

Introducing 'Leaf Litter', a fingering weight wool dyed by yours truly in an attempt to capture the feel of an autumnal forest. (I know it's spring here, but that means it's autumn somewhere in the world I'm sure). This is a 100g skein of sock yarn, non superwash (ie. handwash only) and is therefore destined for a shawl. Or the etsy shop, depending on whether I cave into my current craving for a skein of fingering weight Sea Silk, and therefore need to top up my pretend money Paypal account. I'm somehow obsessed with the idea of knitting with a product made of silk and seaweed.

Leaf Litter

So many yarns, so little time.

17 comments:

gingerknitting said...

Oh do(get some sea silk)! You won't regret it, it feels lovely to knit and blocks like a dream.

peskypixies said...

oh my goodness.............that stuff is gorgeous!!!but sooo pricey!!!!what colour will you get??
BTW pop by my blog.you might like a convo I had with my 12 y/o........LOL

travellersyarn said...

Looks fabulous! I love the colour intensity.

Kate said...

Very, very nice!

Heather said...

Totally lovely and very kind of you to remind me that I love fall because of it's richness. With today's rain I wasn't feeling the warmth, your post brought a little of that back.

Rachel said...

It is fall in my neck of the woods so your color choice totally fits my mood! :-)

Serena said...

It's simply lovely and I think it would make a wonderful shawl!

telfair said...

If I had any pretend money - er, Paypal funds myself, I would snap that up in an instant.

kathe said...

It is Fall here on the East coast of the U.S., and that is some beautiful yarn. If I knit, and it IS on my bucket list, I would hope to make it mine.

SharonH said...

I just love it!!!! Those colours are wonderful!!!!!

peppermintpatcher said...

When you get that sea silk can you sniff it for me please? I really hope it smells like the beach. That would be ace to have a knitted garment that made you smell like the beach.

gis said...

Those colours are absolutely fantastic: I'm in love... ;-)

said...

uau! i love those colors:)

rhubarbwhine said...

Sea silk. It even *sounds* luscious.

kmkat said...

"So many yarns, so little time." Indeed. I was just thinking that myself as I pondered casting on for a Clapotis out of the (hand-wash) hand-dyed sock yarn I bought yesterday. Never mind the 4 or 5 other projects on the needles or the Christmas presents that must be started in order to be finished...

kt said...

It's Autumn here! It's Autumn here! You must've seen some of the trees in order to match the leaves so well!

Beauty. Nicely done!

Meggie said...

Yummy colours!