26 November 2009

photographic interlude

Some pictures to keep the blog warm as I'm a bit busy right now.

sunrise, late spring

Work has gone slightly ballistic but we won't dwell on that ...

well?

... and there have been rehearsals and performances of a rather hilarious production of Robin Hood from Son #2's class, which have kept us busy in the evenings this week.

tawny frogmouth after the rain

The birds still come and either totally ignore our presence ...

cheeky beaks

... or flap about noisily demanding we refill the birdfeeder.

sunrise from the lounge room window

There's been some knitting squeezed in around the edges of life. I made some cotton washcloths for a bloggy friend across the Tasman ...

washcloths for a friend

and a soothing-to-knit garter stitch cardigan for me currently on the needles.

short rows cardigan

I hope to be able to get back here next week with reports of Craft Camp (heading off here this weekend with the usual craft group gang. Squeeee!) and some rather lovely goodies to show you (I went Christmas shopping but only found things for myself. Must.try.harder). Also, there should be some news about a calendar soon.

14 comments:

telfair said...

Looking forward to the good news about the calendar.

Dear Suse, have you ever shared your pattern for those beautiful knitted washcloths? I have tried several times to replicate from a scribbled note on a scrap of paper, which leads me to believe I did copy something down at some point. However, they never turn out properly. I suppose I should just check your archives.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That blue wool is every bit as lovely as I thought it would be !And I do enjoy seeing your visiting birds .

alice c said...

Waving to you Suse.

Thank you for the lovely photos which made me smile in the middle of a busy day.

Nettles said...

Gorgeous. And I very much like the sound of a garter stitch cardie! Sounds like something I could tackle. Possibly.

katiecrackernuts said...

Ah full calendars are OK. It's the double dates and triple dates I find hard to manage. We had me at a Girl Guide meeting, the boy at work, my partner doing parental duties at the Year 12 formal and the year 12 child here there and everywhere preparing for it. Another is housebound because she dingled her car this week and needs us to drive her places now and another is off with her fella who is home from interstate for two months. She and he could pop in any night now expecting a feed. Tough. I may, or may not, be home and I may, or may not, be in the mood to cook for unexplained extras.
On another matter, I can not buy cloth wash cloths anywhere - kitchen ones, that is. What do you knit yours from. I am at the point of having to make my own.

Jean said...

I so love your bird photos and the scenic photos with the sun setting is so serene.

Mary said...

I'm back on line - let's go calendar crazy so I can make you even busier - "see you" after the weekend away!

x

LemonyRenee' said...

Ha! That's how I Christmas shop, too! (If only I were on my own list!) The light in that golden picture is astoundingly gorgeous . . . I thank you, truly, for putting it before me.

Lucette said...

I really like your bird photos. So unlike any species we have here.

Karen said...

Such beautiful photographs. And I love the blue yarn!

Elizabeth said...

Love the mopoke...or is it a tawny frogmouth? My Mum is a birder and I still don't know.

Isabelle said...

Goodnsss, your parroty chap looks so exotic and I also like the little brown fluffy job (more like birds we get here).

Christmas shopping? I went to a craft fair yesterday and got a jacket for my mum and a bangle and wooden box for Daughter 1. Go me! (They chose them so the surprise element is somewhat lacking, but hey. They like them.)

melissa said...

i am so lucky to be the recipient of those beautiful washcloths.
hoping life slows down a little for you soon.

Meg said...

Cockatoo come to you birdfeeder? Really? That is SO COOL! Your pictures are beautiful!