13 November 2009

Spring Fair - Saturday!

Constance Spry

The Melbourne Rudolf Steiner School open day and spring fair is tomorrow!

There will be school tours, talks on Rudolf Steiner's educational philosophies, pony rides, a Children's Tent, fabulous coffee and cake in the Cafe, gourmet lunches in the Dining Room, musical performances throughout the day (you might spot two of my boys), exquisite Waldorf dolls for sale, a butterfly enclosure, a rockclimbing wall and other children's activities, a produce stall selling all sorts of yummy foodie items, raffles and a wonderful craft market featuring stalls from talented folk in the wider Steiner community.

It's a fabulous day, and the school's biggest fundraiser each year. I hope you can come.

It's going to be hot too, so bring a hat!

11 comments:

the nest said...

Your enthusiasm makes me excited for our up-coming Winter Faire! We have similar events but wear our hats for the opposite reason. ;)

I hope yours is a grand success!

kim at allconsuming said...

Ahhh, but who gets to wear the cape?

kim at allconsuming said...

I'm sorry, that was mean and judgemental.


But I still want to know.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I hope you have a lovely day , raise lots of cash and don't all get heatstroke .

vaguelyspecific said...

Oh I love a Spring Fair! Only problem at this time of year is so many to choose from. Luxury problems hey. ;-)

Elizabeth said...

Take photos!

Jen said...

Aw, how fun! LB's always had maypole dances, candle making tutorials, and sheep herding demonstrations with Australian cattle dogs.

Isabelle said...

Wish I could!

Mangoes have a smell? It makes me think that imported mangoes may not be quite the same. Do Australian mangoes not taste like soap, then?

Karen said...

What are Waldorf dolls like, I wonder! Wish we could be there--it all sounds like such fun.

Meggie said...

Hope it raised plenty of money!
How sad that Isobelle has not known the sweet perfume of mangoes!
And yes, what are Waldorf dolls?

Shammickite said...

Sounds wonderful, wish I could join you.