18 December 2009

pink artichokes

This one's for those of you who come here for the knitting.

pink artichokes socks
Sock pose I

These socks were my lunch hour project. They lived on the bookshelf in my office and every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I would take them across the road into the park (or if it was too cold, to my couch) and work on them. Consequently they took many months to complete. I'm pleased with them though, and so is their new owner apparently.

This was my second time knitting the Artichoke socks. I enjoyed the pattern the first time and knew I would knit it again, although this time I made some small modifications to the heel. I would happily knit this pattern yet again, I love it so much.

pink artichokes socks
Sock pose II

I knew once they had been given away I would never get a chance to photograph them again so I asked a friend to do a proper photoshoot with me. My feet, my camera, Janet's photographic skills.

outtake
Out take

Oops, and my poor timing.

Vital statistics
Pattern : Artichokes
Yarn : Footscray Sock Yarn from Yarn Workshop, dyed by me with Kool Aid
Needles : 2.5mm
Started : July 2009
Completed : November 2009


Ravelled.

20 comments:

Frogdancer said...

Well, I don't just come here for the knitting, but I've got to say that I love those socks! They look even better than the green ones.

hip chick said...

They do look great. I thought it might be some kind of new hybrid artichoke for dip or something when I first read you title. I must admit I like your socks more than I like artichokes.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

They look wonderful ... great photo shoot too!

said...

they are wonderful:)

Fioleta said...

Beautiful! I'm so jealous of your sock knitting skills, specially since it's really cold here today and woolen socks would be perfect.

Greyhaven Pines said...

Lovely socks! It would be wonderful to have some of them on right now. :)

Elizabeth

Ali said...

They look lovely - especially in that glorious red colour.

herhimnbryn said...

Ooh
'Some artichokes for the hearty jokes my Grandad used to tell..'
Bootiful.

Rose Red said...

Fabulous socks! Great pattern and the yarn colour is fabulous!

Karen said...

Love those socks. Sock perfection, that's what they are!

no blog norma said...

well they are seriously damn fine socks, i visit for everything on here,but the knits do win a tad, thankyou.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Had to come and have a look . Exotic vegetables , someone else's knitting , fancy photographs of same .
Two out of three . I'll have to go go and search for my own iron-rich nibbles . But meanwhile I'm more than happy to admire your and Janet's handiwork .

Cactusneedles said...

I like those socks! They look great in the red! Shows off the pattern differently than the green! Great job.

Nettles said...

by gum! I'll be wanting me some of them!

travellersyarn said...

Some seriously lovely socks, and I like the photos too!

Stacey said...

I come for the knitting, but not just the knitting.
You've definitely missed your calling, you should have been a sock / shoe model, you do it so well.
I love that pattern, it's in my favourites list and I should get around to it by around 2015.

Prism said...

OK, it's official. 2010 is "The Year I Learn to Knit". I just can't stand it anymore!

matty said...

So pretty!

MsCellania said...

Those are bee-you-tee-full socks!

judi said...

Absolutely wonderful...too beautiful to hide under shoes... beautiful colour and pattern...