20 June 2010

midwinter retreat

Recipe for the perfect midwinter retreat:

ready

Choose a beautiful location

winter dawn

Select fab people to spend it with, remembering social inclusion is the new buzz word [participants should include representatives of the following : single mothers, regional citizens, today's yoof, ethnic minorities, redheads, recovering children of hippies, the Welsh etc]

purple thread

Watch them make amazing things

Magda with her new baby quilt!

golden dawn

Get up early enough to marvel at the light

OMG the dawn light was spectacular

twice

sunrise from the studio window

three times

pink and blue blur
(yep, definitely choose a long weekend)

laugh a lot, talk, listen, eat, sew, listen to various peoples' music collections, knit, fall over, swear, take photos.

Rinse, repeat.

(Other folks' reports here and there and here too and more to be added as they blog 'em) This one just in!


More pics here. And here!

18 comments:

fiveandtwo said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos. A visual treat.

Tania said...

Just so long as that falling over bizzo didn't involve wee small hours, dark and cactus. Let's just say I have cultivated a very specific fear. HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF THOSE SPIKES?

Stomper Girl said...

Who fell over? I don't remember that bit. Also the bit about getting up early to see the sunrise is an optional extra, in that those of us - alright me - who couldn't haul their lazy arses out of bed at that time still had an excellent time. Thanks again for inviting me xx.
signed The Token Ginger

Meggie said...

You are all bloody lucky!
and talented, & lovely.

sueeeus said...

I love how you included the Welsh!!!! Too funny!

...sure wish I was there. I could have been the global constituent!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You don't have to convince me. Those weekends always look so perfect , I'd be hanging around the gate , trying to sneak in unnoticed .

Mary said...

that first photo ? next year's calendar for sure!

xx

LemonyRenee' said...

Ooooh-oooooh! I have red hair . . . does that mean I'm in?!?!?! Looks like a great time.

Frogdancer said...

I fell over.

Twice.

Once in the lavender, once in the cactus.

Because I'm nimble and dainty...

Bronwyn said...

hehe - I am going to say 'todays yoof' now and forever more.

little women said...

Hi Suse, was that at Sewjorn? It looks so lovely,what a lovely combination of people, things, ideas and friednship. I looked to get a booking this year there and all booked out till next year. Better make some long term plans !

Janet said...

that was beautiful! and I especially love the last photo with the blur - and the first with everything all clean and waiting.

The Awakened Heart said...

Ok. Is there some special club I need to join to go along too> If so, count me in - where did you guys go - the light is spectacular and I would love suggestions as to places to go and do crafty stuff. Do you organise them yourself Suse? More info please - unless it's a secret. In which case...whisper it to me quietly...

Suse said...

Yep, it's Sewjourn ...


www.sewjourn.net.au

Badger said...

Recovering children of hippies! That's me! But I wasn't there. Dang.

Lara said...

Just gorgeous! The photos, the projects, the whole lot.

sewjourn said...

Suse, your photos are always a treat!

Jen said...

Yes a wonderful recipe for a lovely and relaxing retreat!