4 July 2010

pictures but few words

a fine winter's day

Yum cha in the city today with good friends. Should do it more often.

in case the house burns down and all the photos go with it

No I don't have four babies; one features twice because you know, middle children need constant reassurance that they exist. (Photo posted in case the house burns down and all the photos go with it and I forget what my children looked like when they were tiny. Although who could forget those ears?)

winter essay time

It was too cold in the study so I monopolised the family room during my last essay writing stint. Shawl, cup of tea, canine yoga, fire, laptop and a bazillion notes and books. Finished!

sunshine yarn

Hand dyed for a fun project I have in mind.

early morning, one May day

Our view changed recently when the enormous branch in front of the kitchen window fell in the pre-dawn stillness. The kookaburras will have to find a new perch to line up on.

17 comments:

Jane said...

Gosh, that is a breath-taking view and a fantastic photo.

Tania said...

Congratulatories on the essay done and for remembering to 'back-up' the small person pics. Those are ears only of the most splendid kind.

The Coffee Lady said...

Well done on the essay! - looks a cosy way to work.

sueeeus said...

Your view is always so dreamy. Oh, how I someday hope to have such a view of my own. But I LOVE that I get to enjoy YOURS!!

frogdancer said...

Now THAT'S a view!

katiecrackernuts said...

Oh yes, our middle child, of which there are two, but one that stands out as the middle child, needs so much reassurance she's planning on staying home until all her siblings have left so she can claim her title as "only child". I am wishing she'd start taking her title, as 21 years, of "adult" seriously.

Elizabeth said...

i love your view.
I had to look up yum cha. We call it dim sum.

peskypixies said...

that is one gorgeous view!!!


tell me did you ever finish the knitted shoes/slippers??

peppermintpatcher said...

The first photo warms me as much as the last makes me feel a little chilly!

Looking forward to seeing that divinely coloured yarn transformed by your needles.

herhimnbryn said...

Around your fire...could be around ours, right now. It was below freezing point this monrning!

Suse said...

pixies, could you refresh my memory (with a link maybe?) - I'm not sure which slippers you are talking about.

peskypixies said...

french press felted slippers
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/french-press-felted-slippers

didn't you start these???

Suse said...

Nope! Not me!

That pattern always looks to me as though they wouldn't stay on. I wonder if they do.

peskypixies said...

mmmmmmmmm ok.
cant remember who it was then......
LOL
lots of people seem to like them on ravelry......so who knows??

gis said...

Pity for the branch, the view is really beautiful though! Good for the finished assignement, and that wool is really nice! Have a great week!

Lynn said...

The yoga pooch took me by surprise and made me laugh out loud.

And then the last photo took my breath away...

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Beautiful photos as always . Pity about the branch but at least it didn't land on anyone ( or , at least , I don't suppose it did , since you didn't mention it ! )
But your view remains stunning .
Congratulations on essay finishing ... must feel so good ! I hope you rewarded yourself !