2 August 2010

a new habit

31 July

Do you read Habit? I've been enjoying its beauty for about a year now, and when those in charge issued an open invitation to join in at the flickr group during the month of July, I happily signed up.

It's been a lovely semi-regular meditation; a chance to pause, notice and reflect, without the (self imposed) pressure of those Photo a Day projects to which I annually subject myself and then fail miserably.

I posted several images and words to the Habit flickr group throughout the month and was thrilled and honoured to have two of my photographs selected for the blog, including one on the very last day of the project.

I've started a Habit Flickr Set of my own, to which I will continue to add on an occasional basis. It's become a habit worth keeping.

6 comments:

Badger said...

I knew that was you with the tiny eggshell! I'd recognize that palm anywhere.

Mary said...

You KNOW what I am going to say!!!!

xxx

Laura Jane said...

Oh! Its utterly gorgeous, Suse.

It takes my breath away....

shadygrey said...

Thank you for directing me to Habit... it's beautiful and often very moving.

herhimnbryn said...

I can feel the lightness of that shell on my palm...

Meggie said...

Dare I say... I see how much you worry.