27 May 2011

it wasn't even May the 4th

Scene: Earlier this week. My car, on the way to school. Son #3 and classmate/carpool companion in the backseat, engaging in a mock Star Wars battle.

Son #3: (whacking his friend with an imaginary light sabre) I'm Darth Maul! I shall kill you! (thwhack!)

Carpool Kid: I'm Darth Vader, I shall kill YOU! (THWACK!)

Son #3: Well, I'm Darth Sion! I shall kill YOU! (THWACK THWACK THWACK!)

Me: (in best mock Patient Earthmother type voice, pretending they're four instead of twelve years old) Now now Darths, no hitting. Use your words.

[ ... ]

Son #3: I'm Darth Thesaurus. I shall kill you with my words!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *LOVE* it! That made me laugh! Thanks :)

Ali said...

Brilliant!

Allana said...

Hahaha, that is so funny! :)

Stomper Girl said...

Smart AND funny, your son. (Like you)

embracingitall said...

Touche! Thanks for making me laugh. Jacinta

fiveandtwo said...

Hahahaha. Good is you.

Elizabeth said...

Touche, Mum, gotcha!

Tracee said...

awesome.

zephyr said...

That is the best!
could you keep driving? Or did you have to pull over until you stopped weeping with laughter??

Martina said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Angel Jem said...

You've just been suckered by your child. Love it (and so did my 13 year old... although he wants it made clear how old these children are?)

christinelaennec said...

Oh thank you for that - so good to have a laugh! Brilliant.

Suse said...

Angel Jem, they're 12. Grade six.

rex said...

So nice when they surpass you in wit....
very funny...Love your blog!!

The Coffee Lady said...

Aw. You must be so proud.

CatherineMarie said...

I love it!

Sarah said...

LOL. Hey-- thanks for the very lovely birthday wishes.

katiecrackernuts said...

There comes a moment, with every child, when, as a parent, you know the force is no longer "with you".

herhimnbryn said...

Laughter so much, I woke the hound and the husband!