14 May 2011

jammin'

I'm in the middle of end of semester assessment so think of this as a page marker.

feijoa and plum jam

I took advantage of the end of autumn fruit glut and restocked the pantry with plum jam, plum sauce and feijoa and plum jam.

plum jamming

A couple of jars went to the neighbours and my generous feijoa donor, and the rest went straight into storage. If I can refrain from hiding in the pantry, sneaking spoonsful straight from the jar, I'm hoping the supply lasts us until next autumn.

PS. The fab preserving labels came from a lovely reader across the ditch.

PPS. Feijoa info here for those who asked.

10 comments:

hip-chick said...

We are just starting up the growing season over here but you have me anxious for strawberry jam. I will be making that in another month or so when the berries come in.
What is feijoa?

silverpebble said...

What is feijoa? It sounds excotic.

Those labels are outstanding.

I have a compulsion to buy homemade jam. Especially goseberry.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Even though I can't eat it , I love making jam , especially plum . There's nothing more gratifying than a row of assorted jars glowing on the shelf .
Unless it's a row of jars as fabulously labelled as yours !

embracingitall said...

I made blood plum jam recently, but it definitely won't last till next autumn! I planted a logan berry last year and can't wait to try making jam from the fruit in summer. Love your labels too. Jacinta

herhimnbryn said...

I like the labels! I think they look a little like you!

Stomper Girl said...

I thought you'd been very quiet lately. Glad it is only due to essay madness and jamming.

Mrs A said...

yum, we just made rosella jam, its a bit tart(unlike me!) but still good!
Love those labels, and previous posts are right up my alley! i think i might have to follow your rambles!

Tania said...

Sneaking Spoonfuls Straight From The Jar is the god-given right of any jam-maker. And it'll get you through all those essays...

The Coffee Lady said...

I envy anyone with a fruit glut. We get about 6 strawberries a year.

Lindsay said...

If I was your neighbor I would love to receive a jar of homemade jam!! Nothing better yummm. I take a spoon full of peanut better + a spoonful of jam and pretend like I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich..just without the bread ;)

Delighted Momma