15 June 2011

some more craft weekend photos

sun on the Singer

I spent a large amount of time at craft weekend exclaiming that I hadn't taken a single photo all weekend, and then all of a sudden in the last few hours I felt the need to get the camera out. I think it was the sudden appearance of dramatically angled sunbeams that did it.

Barbie yoga

Or the Barbie Yoga.

catsuit barbie surfs the Elna

The weekend was as wonderful as these weekends always are with a gloriously harmonious tribe of women who just get it with no explanation or compromise necessary. Everyone fits, newcomers are enveloped into the fold effortlessly, and the hum hums on, punctuated by oohs of delight, cracks of laughter and endless cups of tea.

winter branches

No mice this time! But a Golden Orb Weaver wove her web next to the iron lace outside the window while we wove and stitched inside. Rather fitting.

spider

I could go on and on about it but you've heard it all before and I just sat an exam this afternoon so am a little weary. Time to knit the thumbs on a pair of fingerless gloves and have an early night. Ooh, I was just handed a cup of tea so I think I'll skip the thumbs, go directly to the early night and not pass go.

squiggle

PS. Son #1 had two exams today (one 'good', one 'well, okaaay ...') and is equally weary. He has a music exam tomorrow and when I gently suggested perhaps tonight ought to be spent revising he calmly replied Oh music, no need. There's not much I don't know. Oh the confidence of youth. (In his defence, he did snort out loud when he realised what he'd actually said).

PPS. Full set of craft weekend shots here.

PPS. Thanks to Janet, Kate, Catherine, Mim, Sue and Jenny for another fab weekend.

Nighty night.

13 comments:

Shammickite said...

I'd love love love to go on a craft weekend. But most of my friends don't even know how to sew a button on..... sigh!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Your craft weekends are even on Barbie's calendar now ?
You've arrived !!

hip-chick said...

How fun!! I would love to do something like that! It reminds me of the quilting books by jennifer chia'lkdfdjdflad;flk ( or whatever her last name is)

librarygirl said...

can't wait til september. that is all.

Rae said...

Craft Weekend sounds glorious. I'm curious about the last photo. What is it?

Suse said...

It's the electrical cord suspended from a wire (attached to the rafters) above the table in the studio, linked to all the powerpoints set into the table for the sewing machines.

I liked the squiggle pattern.

Stomper Girl said...

Tribe girls rock.

Mrs A said...

oh wow barbie yoga, impressive! did your local crafty shop organise the weekend? Sounds like a fab weekend.

Janet said...

Sigh... transports me back. Love the barbie action.

victoria said...

I always love reading everyone's craft weekend reports and the photos from that place are just ridiculously beautiful.

Thimbleanna said...

It sounds like heaven! I love that last photo, but what is it? I'm betting it's probably something common and obvious and I can't see the forest for the trees because it's such a beautiful shot!

Suse said...

Ha, Anna! See my response to Rae further up in the comments!

Pom Pom said...

The sewing machine shot on top is extremely beautiful!