13 August 2011

we have a winner!

sunrise

The random number generator thingy spat out comment number 29, which means Leonie is the winner of Rae's book The Eve Tree. Congratulations Leonie - shoot me an email at suseinthesoup[at]gmail[dot]com with your address and I'll post your book.

Not much else of interest around here at the moment. I'm researching cars as my current work vehicle lease is up soon, the eldest and I are doing the rounds of the university open days looking at their music studies options, the middle is preparing for his next camp, the youngest is scooting along nicely, the dog is being doggy, the cat is being hilarious, the husband is playing/watching/coaching/breathing soccer day in day out, and my strings sextet chose its name in a hurry when our teacher informed us we have two performances coming up so we'd need a name (we are now known as Highly Strung, after rejecting String Bags). (For those of you who remember talk of The Mighty Cellos last year, I had to drop out of that group as they were all quite accomplished musicians who sped waaaaay ahead of me very quickly and I got all stressed and distressed. Now I'm in another beginners group where we are all real beginners. I mean, reeeeaaall beginners ;) Phew.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Highly Strung ... love it! And String Bags made me giggle. I have to ask ... what is the cat doing that is so funny?

zephyr said...

i had forgotten that you play the cello. Me, who is musically challenge, is impressed. Good for you for keeping it up.

Yes, please fill us in on cat antics. i'm exhausted...listening to the new boy and the old guy hiss and scramble about all night while they figure out who is who and what is what.

Suse said...

Ahem, I am musically challenged too. Hence the BEGINNERS strings group.

As for the cat, he's just being his usual hilarious self. Chasing legs, terrorising the dawg, stalking bits of string and giving the rug what-for. Launching fly by attacks on Son #1 just for fun. The usual.

Earthy Spice said...

Hi,
I had a weird blog stalker moment at monash last w/e (yes lot of mums doing that uni stuff!) And I saw you and went to yell out when I realised, no i don't know you! You know when your brain goes through all the scenarios I may have known you from- school work suburb ect. then ah she's peasoup! I will be quicker and say hi if i see you at another - although just melb left for us as my son is pretty sure he's going to monash - they have his best course. Good luck with it all! aren't these young men divine!

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Ha ha - Leonie is my sister! Woo!

She's got a big week coming up - I bet she'll be stoked....

I'm in a ukulele cover band, and we're all terrible. I heartily encourage the participation in a band of beginners - loads of fun!

Leah xxx

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

I'm OVER THE MOON!!! Thanks suse.

Oh...and I have heard Leahs ukulele playing and lets just say she's a little challenged!!! I do love her though.

Leonie xx

Lynne said...

I love "Highly Strung" as a name! Fabulous!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

If you'd gone for String Bags you would have been telling the world that you're musicians who do your bit for the environment .

Duyvken said...

I do love the name Highly Strung. My sister and I are flirting with the idea of starting an all female ukelele troup and nameing ourselves All The Ukeleles. Sadly, it's a one joke show since neither of us play the ukelele :-)