7 December 2011

shaelyn ii

I made the lovely Shaelyn shawl again, as a birthday gift. One day I will make one of these for mine own self. This one is for an old friend who I've known since we were 16 and in high school together, who from now on is facing her birthdays without her identical twin.

Shaelyn shawl
every time I see this photo I think lopsided nipples, what's with that?

Shaelyn shawl

Shaelyn shawl

Shaelyn shawl

Shaelyn shawl

Shaelyn shawl

Shaelyn shawl

This version was made from bamboo yarn as the recipient has a wool allergy and the bamboo gives the finished shawl a lovely drape and subtle sheen. I hope this little knitted hug brings her some small comfort.

Further details and the opportunity to click on that lovely little heart button here.

17 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

So pretty. Your poor friend, but a lovely and thoughtful, heartfelt way to comfort her.

ellen said...

It is beautiful and may it wrap her in comfort and love. What a loss, I am so sorry.

The Elephant's Child said...

That is truly beautiful. What a wonderful way of telling your friend that you care.

Lynne said...

It's very beautiful and what a lovely way to hug a friend when you can't be there yourself!

Evelyne said...

Bitter sweet - a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Sorry for her loss.

Annie said...

That is gorgeous! Love the yarn too. What a lovely gift to give.

Mary said...

Your friend will be truly wrapped in love.

driftwood said...

it's beautiful xoxo

embracingitall said...

Oh, I love it. I can imagine how soft it is in bamboo. My heart goes out to your friend. I'm sure she will appreciate the love that has gone into making such a gorgeous shawl. Jacinta

Elizabeth said...

A lovely shawl and a lovely gift.
I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Thimbleanna said...

It's gorgeous Suse. What a lovely gift -- I'm sure it will be treasured!

blackbird said...

You are a dear friend.

But, we knew that.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

It's hard to imagine one half of oneself disappearing like that . A twin is supposed to help carry one's memories ... for ever .
But the shawl is beautiful and your thoughtfulness will comfort .

Debbie said...

So pretty and I do love the colour.

christinelaennec said...

What a beautiful shawl. My heart goes out to your friend, and I'm sure she will appreciate having your friendship around her shoulders.

Fairlie said...

I never cease to be awed by the cleverness of you crafty people.

A lovely gift.

herhimnbryn said...

Oh that colour! Glorious work Soup Lady.