13 January 2012

a year of making

2011 knitting mosaic

My completed knits from 2011. It feels like a humblebrag (thanks, LibraryGirl), but it's always interesting for me to see my knitting statistics from a year. And this is [nominally] a craft blog after all. Apparently.

I see I spent the first half of the year knitting cardigans and jumpers, determined to knit actual garments after my big shawl efforts of 2009 and 2010, but then in the latter half of the year suddenly had the urge to knit shawls again and they became my go to projects once more. There is one shawl missing from that mosaic as it has a half dozen rows to go, but it lives in my office at work and I add to it slowly, despite casting on in July. It will be finished in the next month or so and can go in the 2012 stats.

As for my sewing achievements, I failed to catalogue them properly. I made a doily skirt, and several quilt tops which to my shame I have yet to turn into actual quilts. I also made a number of cushions, some tops, and several pairs of pants which remain unphotographed.

Also, lots of jam, marmalade, soap, bread, meals, and mess.

PS. For those of you more interested in literary news, I updated my 2011 reading log over here.

12 comments:

Elisalex said...

A very impressive collection! Scarves and snoods are also my go-to projects for endless possibilities and comfort knitting. I love that red quilt top though, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Annie said...

That is impressive. And you've read some interesting books too. :D Here's wishing you equal success on both fronts in 2012!

Tania said...

Stitchy wonderfulness, straight up.

Dare you to turn a quilt top into an actual quilt at Sewjourn. I could even help you baste (which means I can avoid weaving any blanket ends in).

Stomper Girl said...

Yes, come on with those lovely quilt tops. So beautiful, you should definitely have them as finished objects for your 2012 round-up!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Well , I've made lots of mess .... and I don't think a mosaic would do it justice , really . Perhaps one of those panorama shots ?
But now having admired all your masterpieces , I'm resolved to have at least one woolly something completed by next December .

The Elephant's Child said...

Wow. And those shawls are so beautiful that I can well understand why they call you back to them.

Uli said...

That is a very impressive collection of work - I love the array of rich colours.

Must pick up that half finished baby blanket I'm knitting for my now four month old niece...

knutty knitter said...

That is impressive. My knitting last year seems to be around 24 pairs of socks and a number of art works. I need to do some actual other garments I think:)

viv in nz

Mousy Brown said...

That looks like a good years work...It is nice to see it all gathered together...
So many of your knits have made it to my Ravelry queue and my pinterest...now I just have to actually cast on some stitches, thanks for all the inspiration! :D

Thimbleanna said...

What a beautiful year you've had Suse! I LOVE that blue sweater -- and the red one too -- I remember seeing them but can't recall if they were the same pattern. And your shawls are so beautiful. I saw a gorgeous one in a yarn shop the other day that I'd love to make, but I can't figure out where I'd wear a shawl. Do you wear yours at home? Out running errands? Enlighten me! ;-)

Jessica said...

Some beautiful knits. Well done!

livescore said...

Gorgeous dress and lovely fabric choice! Don't be sad about ผลบอล moving to London, think of all the lovely vintage social events you ผลบอลสด can go to. Also London has great fabric shops!