19 May 2012

From the phone archive

Adams Garden, Elham Bread oven at Fulling, Eltham St Paul's Graffiti Flaked Untitled When I went full time recently and got the Very Important and Busy job they gave me an iPhone (secondhand; it used to belong to my old boss). Shortly afterward I discovered Instagram and I think I've barely touched my proper camera since. Of course there is also the whole being very busy thing, but mostly it's because the phone is always there, it's small and light and doesn't wear a groove in my shoulder etc. So, here is my record of the last few weeks. A visit to a local open garden, some Mothers Day flowers, a flaked out Burmese, and some lunchtime shots from a workday at the city office recently (a novelty for me as I generally work at a different location). I also had knitting to show you but Instagram decided it should be sideways so I am deferring. Perhaps I'll work out how to rotate it this weekend, in between polishing up my cv and tending my feverish and vomitty thirteen year old. And then you can behold the glory that is vintage scratchy wool in old man colours. What about you? How are you?

14 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Not as good as taking photos as you , anyway ! But , on the plus side , no one here's vomitty . Hope he recovers soon .

Good grafitti is wonderful isn't it ! It always seems like a surprise present when I come across a bit I haven't seen before .

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

Not so shabby here thank you :D

I just can't get into Instagram, but as you say it would be lovely to avoid the groove in the shoulder from the DSLR ... I'm looking to buy a little compact, but it hasn't happened yet. I do like images like these though, sort of the photo equivalent of a quick sketch

Tania said...

I have not a skerrick of doubt you can transform vintage scratchy, in old man colours, into knitty glamour. Unless you've crafted up some itchy old man undies.

Best of luck (for both 13yo and you) with the vomit.

blackbird said...

Ooof. No vomit here, thank heavens. Hope he's better for it.
(We break bones.)

Me? Here? sitting around COUNTING THE DAYS.

Mousy Brown said...

I love that comfy cat shot...well all of them look pretty good if you ask me! I finally finished my stripe study shawl and I'm looking forward to whatever inspiration you come up with..in scratchy wool and old man colours! :D

dragonfly said...

Loving the pizza/bread oven. In my dream garden I have one of those.
I love Instagram too. I find it can transform an ok photo into something, well, a little more than ok.

Janet said...

Your instagrams are so lovely and moody! Perhaps perfect for this season?

Hope the vomitty one recovers soon and can't wait to debrief in detail soon. xJ

fiveandtwo said...

No vomits here-fingers, toes, legs etc are crossed. Giles has a weird eye infection though, uveitis, not contagious thankfully.
Really appreciate the photo fix (I love your photography).

Elizabeth said...

Lovely little selection for us, especially second photo. I miss my wood fired oven..
My recap, without photo evidence (yet) try to hold back your excitement: catering weekend (not Very Important Job, though pay important) sewing daughter's prom dress (for next weekend), garden planting (very hot, seedlings wilting)
getting my voice back from last week's illness but no vomit in sight.

Isabelle said...

A bit rubbish, frankly, because my children have gone, but trying to pull myself together. Have just been talking to a friend whose 35 year old daughter has been diagnosed with fast-growing breast cancer, so feel ashamed of my own feebleness. Hope your son feels better soon.

katiecrackernuts said...

Oh darl, thanks for asking. I'm good but 'bout to dash off for a VIP job meeting thingo. You know how it is. :P

Lovely to see you're still here. iPhone photos and all.

shadygrey said...

I want to take that photo of the mums and hang it on my wall.

Cazj said...

Extremely jealous of oven - eldest son and I have talked for ages about making one - got a book telling us how even but still no oven.

Lynne said...

I admire pizza ovens but I know we'll never get one. Pizza is a take away item, something semi nutritious when no one feels like cooking!