18 June 2012

Craft Camp

Sunlight on Liberty Craft Camp was a welcome respite from The Current Crazy. I finished my Liberty dress (above), made two Schoolhouse Tunics (one black pinstripe which I am wearing as I blog at you, do you like it?, one in a navy Japanese kimono fabric), a pair of navy linen pants and a black and white check skirt to wear to an interview the following week. (It did not bring me success). I also hemmed several skirts that had been languishing in the mending basket for months, did a bit of knitting, and made quince and apple crumble. Magda drawing at craft camp Magda drew. Dazzle Jan joined us on the final day and dazzled us. Literally. Amelia quilted, Caroline sewed pj pants, a dress and bunting, Jenny did amazing things with wool and felt, Janet sewed clothes and refashioned a bag of jumpers, Kate made gorgeous drapey clothes fit for a Greek Goddess/Roman princess and Sue crafted her usual amazing tailored jackets and skirts. Mist at Lancefield It was rather misty and damp. Lancefield Until the sun appeared on the Sunday. Appropriately. Busy busy I forgot to pack my camera so have only an iPhone photographic record. Some of it quite blurry, but fun. Would you like cream with that? There was quite a lot of cream. Cream Camp, really. All round fabulous.

17 comments:

Kate said...

The Liberty Dress looks fantastic. I do love a Schoolhouse tunic.

pandchintz said...

Wow! You got soooo much done. Must have been very satisfying. What did you do with all the cream? Hope it was something yummy!

lisette said...

oh lovely!

Tania said...

SEVEN?!?

Well I guess everyone would want cream with that.

I don't like your working gig very much (though bugger about the check skirt not doing its thing*). You don't blog very much and I officially miss you.**

* That's when this started being a weirdy comment.
** In a non-weirdy, non-stalkerish, you-know-what-I-mean-I-hope sort of way.

dragonfly said...

That is a HUGE amount of sewing! I was eyeing up the schoolhouse tunic on Friday … very nice. I can feel a spot of dress-making coming on.

Thrifty Household said...

'Craft Camp' sounds sooo good!

blackbird said...

Magda drew my Middle.
Apparently.

HOW MANY DAYS?!!!

Diana Marks said...

amazing! love the dress

Do you want to follow each other on Bloglovin? Follow me and I will follow you back with pleasure. Just let me know in the comments ;)

LA By Diana Live Magazine

Thimbleanna said...

It's My Jan!!! Oh, thank you for posting a pic -- it makes me all teary-eyed. I can't tell you how much I miss seeing her! And WOW -- ALL that sewing you've done in just one short craft camp. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Did you have to let your seams out after all the cream?

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That's more sewing than I've done in the last twenty years . No wonder you felt you all deserved crumble and cream .
As always , it all sounds wonderful !

Shammickite said...

I want to go to Craft Camp!

Duyvken said...

That crumble was so good. I was thinking about it last night when I was sitting on the couch after dinner willing myself to get up and prep the lunches for today but all I wanted to do was EAT.

fiveandtwo said...

What's a Craft Camp without cream, I ask you.
A bugger about the skirt thing.

kgirl said...

haha, love the amount of cream that was apparently required! must have been for that lovely crumble you mentioned, mmmm....!

craft camp sounds like a wonderful event

Stomper Girl said...

Ah, it was lovely, and so good to hang out with you all. It was definitely not the skirt's fault, either, re the interview. That skirt was made in a happy loving environment by a lovelyperson, andi know it did its innocent best against asshattery. May I please request nice photos of you wearing the Liberty dress (possibly when you reunite)?

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

I'm with Tania, in a totally non-stalkerish way I miss your posting more. So please make a magic skirt that ensures you land a job that gives you more time for blogging.

Craft Camp looks like such fun ... I'm trying to organise something similar here in the UK for knitters.

Lynne said...

Isn't Magda's drawing amazing?