29 June 2012

four things

Good morning 1. I made a new lucky interview skirt as the previous one didn't work. This one is in black and white toile and I carefully and successfully placed the pattern piece so a bucolic French scene featuring small children and a pond (and a flute I believe) is perfectly centre front. It worked. Interviewed late on Wednesday, arrived at work on Thursday (yesterday) to find two missed calls from my referees so I knew they'd received The Calls, and while I was chatting to one (never hurts to have the deputy chancellor as one of your referees ...) the call came in offering me the position. Resigned from my current job today. Whirlwinds R Us. Still life with washing and skateboard 2. There was a kangaroo in our street this morning. This is nothing new but this one was particularly reluctant to leave his lush grass patch so I took this shot for posterity. And you. Roo 3. There's a teenage girl in my house! I love it. I want to keep her, please. She is here at Son #1's behest and we are tickled pink at the novelty and thrilled because they have been Best Friends for years, ever since they were twins in Twelfth Night (do follow that link and you'll understand why it's hilarious that they were cast as twins) when they were babes of fourteen. As opposed to the mature eighteen year olds they now are. Anyway, FINALLY etc. Waiting for Friday night fish n chips 4. I have just stuffed an inordinate amount of probably totally impractical clothes into a suitcase and tomorrow my long suffering mister will drive me to the airport at the crack of dawn. I.cannot.wait. It's been quite the week I tell you.

14 comments:

Sue said...

There was a cat in our street this morning but I didn't take a picture of it because it wasn't a kangaroo.

Tania said...

I'm not commenting. I'm sending you an EMAIL.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Isn't it lovely when everything goes right !! And congratulations on the new job .
P.S . Teenage girls .... teenage anything .... are a delight when they're not yours !

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the job!
I assume this is the big trip over the pond to America? I will wave from above. Have fun.

fiveandtwo said...

I am inordinately pleased about all this. Have a terrific holiday!

Julie said...

what a lovely lovely post. I don't know you or your son but somehow feel so please for your job and his girl. That post about Twelfth Night was gorgeous.

katiecrackernuts said...

Oh, I can feel the energy and the rush and bubble of life. Well done on the new job. I've always wondered what the VIP job is, or was? And where does the whirlwind spit you out?

Isabelle said...

Well, that's lovely. It's genuinely so cheering that someone's life is going well because mine... not so much. And I've never seen a kangaroo in our street either. Though it's possible, since we do live very near Edinburgh Zoo.

Sadie/kgirknits said...

gratz for interview success! I'm sure success would have ensued without the beautiful new skirt, but insurance never hurts ;)

lovely post and photos

Sharon said...

Congratulations S!!!

Fioleta said...

Congratulations on the new job.

Lynne said...

Congratulations on the new job, well done you. When does it start or should I ask when you finish being Very Busy and Important?

Shammickite said...

At least the kangaroo was ALIVE!
The first kangaroo I saw when visiting Australia was DEAD at the side of the road.

pandchintz said...

Congrats on the new job......how exciting!!!!