25 August 2012

place marker

Life continues apace. I'm slowly sorting and uploading all my photographs from my recent travels to New York, Seattle and Idaho, and plan to share some (uh, many) here. In the meantime however other stuff is keeping me busy:

|| the new full time job which is enjoyable but you know, full time;

Winter light

|| after taking last semester off while I settled into full time [paid] work for the first time in nearly two decades, I returned to the University of Rhododendrons and Classical Architecture and am foolishly undertaking a third year English subject which means OMG drowning in the amount of reading;

upload

|| the dog passed away. There is a huge greyhound-shaped hole in our family; it feels so very raw still. Bless his gentle sooky soul. The sixteen year old stood in the driveway and sobbed in my arms like a toddler as the mister drove to the vet for the last time. Fucking cancer.

Last days ...

|| This wee feisty thing brings us joy and laughter most days. I hope we have him for many years yet as we are all a little fragile these days.

Blissed out by the fire

|| Back soon with America photos I hope. Here's one for starters.

IMGP7542


15 comments:

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

Hello :D

These hounds steal our hearts, I'd have been sobbing like a toddler too. Please God all the whippets have years in them yet.

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

Oops, hit send too soon.

Good luck with the job and the studying!

Duyvken said...

University reading - big props to you dear Suse, I am very impressed and look forward to a big fat celebratory GRADUATION post. I am sorry to hear about your greyhound, I hope the boys are recovering. My dad had a dog as a boy and when it died (run over by a car, I think) he was so distraught that he never wanted us to have a pet to save us from feeling the same. And we never did. It is good to feel though - even if it does hurt sometimes. xxx

kgirl said...

much love to you all at the loss of your dear dog...the space they occupy in our families is enormous xx

good luck settling into F/T work :) and the study!

looking forward to the travel photos

Janet said...

Wow, full time work and serious study! Life must be pretty intense and busy.

Very sorry to hear about the passing of the whippet. These animals, they get right into our soft hearts don't they?

Looking forward to catching up xJ

embracingitall said...

On my, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. How pets tear our hearts out when they leave earth side! Hope you are adjusting to full-time work, while still having to be mama. You cetainly have your hands full. Can't wait to read/see more of your US trip. I love the States and have enjoyed my trips over there. Jacinta

embracingitall said...

Um, "Oh, my"

fiveandtwo said...

Shedding tears for your hound.

Sending waves of admiration: paid work, study, parenting etc etc. Such admiration of you!

flowerpress said...

Oh Suse, So sorry to hear about the greyhound, he was always a favourite of mine as you know. Susie

shadygrey said...

Bless your mister for taking on that awful task. I took Scruff myself (I felt I had to) and I don't know that I'll ever recover from it.
love to you and may all our hearts heal soon xxx

kt said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your sweet hound. We never have them long enough, do we? Hugs to all, and squeeze the kitty close and let the purrs soothe you.

harriet said...

How sad. I can remember my then 16 year old, now in his 30's, weeping as he held the dog he grew up with while the vet did the deed. Still makes me cry.
Looking forward to seeing your NY pics.

Julie said...

So sorry about your dog, but I did have to laugh about the University of Rhododendrons and Classical Architecture. Took me a moment to catch on, I was thinking how fabulous, a university devoted to two esoteric subjects.

Mousy Brown said...

I am hugging our whippet hard and sending you useless but well meant thoughts...I am back to work next week with a new job and hard study too, so my thoughts are with you there as well!xx

Di said...

So sorry to hear about your greyhound shaped hole. Such a hard decision to make, to let them go.
Hope that the new job is going well, and the reading enjoyable at least.